GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Tbh I really want an mk6 R but dat fsi doe! I have seen them for pretty cheap around my area. A few months back there was a 2013 csg 2 door with everything but nav and only 300 miles and they only wanted 28,700. I probably could have got it for high 27's. Add in 10k or so from trade in and I would have had a damn good monthly payment lol.

TomCat1

Ready to race!
I haven't driven the mk7 yet but honestly I think I like the mk6 better. Like vancity said, it's of the last German maid

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

TomCat1

Ready to race!
A wise man once said, I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

stage 2+ A gti, you will be happy for atleast 2 years

That's all I would need. Stage 2 running apr with Eurojet. Happy tomcat. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
but it's a mustang...

lol

anyways, i'm looking at what's available.

and need to go back to stock on my car haha.

and I think I will sell the steering wheel in the other gti, and keep mine since it was brand new on my car :D

I think I can transfer everything except, headlights. that I will also put on sale.

and my lower grill.
So lol doesn't mean you can't make it badass. All it takes is some good taste and I'd say you have it. I'll probably get one for my next car because I want a car that sounds good and has high performance without the german price tag.

So lol doesn't mean you can't make it badass. All it takes is some good taste and I'd say you have it. I'll probably get one for my next car because I want a car that sounds good and has high performance without the german price tag.

sounds good? lol my 2.5 sounds very good. I need more turbo in my life.

Ever heard of, " the thirst for more boost"? I just made it up :bellyroll:

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Lol im sorry but V6 mustang? You will be in the exact same place you are now. Always looking to upgrade to the gti. in that case a five oh

Didn't see this comment. Honestly, I have never driven one but, my golf weighs like 3000 pounds and has 170 hp. The mustang weights like 3,500 pounds and has 300 hp. I don't know how that extra 500 pounds will make the car feel but it does have any extra 130 hp? :iono: Ultimately this is all talk and I would not get a v6 unless it was a rare occasion where I could actually find a performance pack with recaro's. Those 2 things are a deal breaker for me and I won't nudge lol.

I think that would be hard to find.

I found a couple gti's that are fully loaded and the price is not bad. The issue is the km's. is it worth paying a couple k more for lowers kms or is it not a big deal.

Also, I was looking at white, but I just had a mad idea, and will vinly wrap the car ;)

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Lol ironically enough been thinking about vinyl wrapping too. That would be sick and preserve the paint under. I would not hesitate to get one with 20-25k miles or in your case 32-40 km.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Another thing I am considering is a 2015 golf 1.8t. We will see though. There has been lots of rumors and speculations. If they get the same irs as the gti and not a twist beam people have been talkig about. Also, if they also get the xds the gti has then it might make it a better buy over an mk6 gti. Mqb platform 180 hp and apr has a tune already available for the 1.8 jetta which will maybe be more aggressive on the golf. All the parts should also be cross compatible with the gti's 2.0 as well. Stage 1 jetta 1.8t is making like almost 300 ftlb of torque. That again would all depend on how we get the golf.

Do we get bixenons and fog lights as an option? I know we get the same 5 speed manual but we might get 6 spd dsg. If so what are the gear ratio's like? Again do we get xds? Do we get irs or twist beam? All these questions still unanswered. I wouldn't rush into a used mk6 gti until we get all these details. In the highly unlikely chance we get all these options imho I would rather get the mk7 golf 1.8t.

you aren't rushing into a mk6 gti, that is the whole point why you should get it.

mk7, we know nothing about. we know that there is quality issues so far, there is basically no mods for it just yet, and the goddamn price is retarded here..

mk7 is the better car, but I just can't do it for the price of 42, vs a 30k gti and add 3-4k for mods and drive by it side ways :laugh:

besides, mk6 gti is so much cheaper there.. I would be in one today.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Very true there is that too. The European models have been out for some time but, it will most likely differ from our NA market ones because they are built entirely in another country. I guarantee that will raise some issues lol.