GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECP light ... I'm lost.

srsmk6

Ready to race!
2010 CW GTI APR stage 1, USP dp/hf cat, magnaflow cb, bah intake... CEL light came on, then ECP light came on while going around a corner today. Took it by my local advanced auto parts, threw it on a scanner and got a throttle position code ... tried the whole turn off the engine and restart and it magically disappears ... not for me (tried that 5 or 6 times) ... very limp and no boost (maybe 5-8lbs in 4th and 5th)... no acceleration whatsoever ... need help guys. :(

srsmk6

Ready to race!
Anyone with a serious answer/ideas?

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
No, throttle adaption basically lets it relearn the full open and full closed position. The throttle plate has 2 position sensors with opposite resistance curves. It ALWAYS monitors both to make sure they correspond. (picture a big X the left side closed throttle the right side is open throttle and the the 2 straight lines are the resistance curves of the position sensors) It it sees anything out of the ordinary it will go into limp mode because it won't choose one sensor over the other and say this reading is right.

srsmk6

Ready to race!
Alright, I'm gunna take it to my local dealer Monday and have them check it ... I'm stuck using my wife's Honda CR-V ... Boringgggg :mad0259:

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
I am pretty sure i have the same problem. I got an EPC light going about 60 holding throttle the same, boost gauge fluctuates and car goes limp. I thought it might be something with the maf sensor.

srsmk6

Ready to race!
That is exactly what I experienced!

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
One similar issue happened to me, had a shop tell me to touch the negative and positive battery cables together, not connected obviously for a few minutes then try starting it up.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
This is suppose to have the ecu relearn the throttle position

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
The purpose of a capacitive discharge is to discharge capacitive voltage... basically it gets rid of stray voltage in the electrical system that can (and does on occasion) cause electrical gremlins. You wouldn't believe some of the problems I've fixed with a capacitive discharge in the past. The time it (sometimes) fixes throttle body issues is when you get a "ERROR" when you try to adapt it.

srsmk6

Ready to race!
Tried the battery cables trick and it worked, got it home ... Went to leave for work, got about 3 miles and the same EPC issue happened again... Going to the vw dealership today!

srsmk6

Ready to race!
Flipping throttle body is bad ... Here goes an arm and a leg:mad0259: