GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Terrible heating on these cars

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
The heat on mine took forever to get warm if I had the fan on full speed from startup. Leaving the fan on half speed until the temp needle moves up from zero reduces the warmup time significantly.

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
The heat works great in my car but that hard turn cold air breeze is the worst. Hits my face every time. I let my car warm up for about 3-5 minutes and by the time I drive away my temp bar has lifted a bit. Then about a mile and the pin good.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
This seems to be an issue with the aircon and not the heater...even if the car is not warmed up, aircon will still pump out air to de-fog the windscreen for safety reasons.

Bcastine

Passed Driver's Ed
Iron block = longer warm up times. Direct injection efficiency = longer warm up times. I'm convinced thats why all these cars came with heated seats.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Id have it looked at.
I put the defrost on and my windows clear up in about a mile or so(or 5 minutes)
Granted i live in Florida so as for heating i am more than enough.
We rarely see temps below freezing ever except maybe a few times in the late night a year.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
hot air comes out of my vents even when the heat is not on. but i'm also in s. cal and it's 85 degrees in November.