GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Single mass fly wheel back to a dual mass?

intellistar

Ready to race!
"...But there is also a ''problem'' to find your right engine, because the CCTA engine is only mounted in Golf MK5 for example,
but not in the MK6. Do you have a base hp of 200hp or 210hp?"

Obviously, there could be a bit of a language barrier, but I think the issue is that Sach's (or Michael's department in particular) doesn't know what engine codes are available per region. The website does mention that the clutch kit found here -> http://www.sachsperformance.com/Sachs-Performance-Clutch-Powerclutch/Audi/Audi-A3-8PA-Sportback-09-04-/2-0-TFSI-147-kW-;-CAWB-CCZA-;-09/2004/SRE-Performance-Clutch-Kit::67.html?XTCsid=eccfn4p5j1u4c2jv70bvj1oot6 "...will fit to your original flywheel and releaser" so my guess is that would be the recommendation if you asked "which clutch kit should I buy if using a DMFW?" Regarding 200hp vs 210hp, checking either the page for a 155kW GTI (last link) or 147kW 2.0 TSI, which lists engine codes as CBFA and CCTA, http://www.sachsperformance.com/Sachs-Performance-Kupplung-Sportkupplung/VW/VW-Golf-VI-5K1-10.08-%3E/2.0-TSI-147-kW-;-07/2009-:::2_6_806_4575.html lists the same part numbers, so I'm not sure what difference that would make. I don't foresee myself going back to a DMFW, but it's unfortunate we can't seem to get a clearer answer.

They told me they would throw in the release bearing for 64 euro (not bad), with a grand total of 654 euro including shipping. That's 734 usd for a full clutch kit. They told me I might have to resurface the flywheel. The shop told me they would decide that depending on how my flywheel looks. So I'm pulling the trigger on this setup tonight.
Congrats! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on your setup as well.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
That disc looks pretty close to the one I've got going in:

--Matt

mlody91

Ready to race!
Niiiiiice......Matt & APdubbin mind giving us a review after install and break in? Might want to go this route eventually.

Also, Matt, how do you like dem 034 mounts? I've got those as well just waiting to be installed.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Niiiiiice......Matt & APdubbin mind giving us a review after install and break in? Might want to go this route eventually.

Also, Matt, how do you like dem 034 mounts? I've got those as well just waiting to be installed.
Absolutely. I won't have that linked setup, but the pictured SRE-developed disc as a part of an (at this time otherwise undisclosed) setup on my original DMF (which ended up still being in good shape). I'll share more details on the rest later.

I really like the mounts. They're the best aftermarket mounts I've ever had from a DD friendliness standpoint, and seem to be holding up quite well. They're smooth and quiet, yet keep everything adequately stationary.

--Matt

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
There seems to be some confusion here...With a DMFW you can use an unsprung disc as the DMFW has torsion dampers. With a single mass flywheel a sprung disc is prefered especially with a daily driver. As far as a sprung hub disc elminating chatter it won't. The lightweight single mass flywheel causes the chatter noise everybody hates.

Release bearing = throwout bearing

Make sure you are getting the new revised one piece metal throw out bearing for $64 otherwise you are wasting your money.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
It's worth noting that a Fluidampr made a noticeable difference in both clutch chatter noise, and associated vibes inside my car.

It's an awesome part overall, and i'd advise it before outright replacing the clutch entirely.

Last edited:

mlody91

Ready to race!
There seems to be some confusion here...With a DMFW you can use an unsprung disc as the DMFW has torsion dampers. With a single mass flywheel a sprung disc is prefered especially with a daily driver. As far as a sprung hub disc elminating chatter it won't. The lightweight single mass flywheel causes the chatter noise everybody hates.

Release bearing = throwout bearing

Make sure you are getting the new revised one piece metal throw out bearing for $64 otherwise you are wasting your money.

It's worth noting that a Fluidampr made a noticeable difference in both clutch chatter noise, and associated vibes inside my car.

It's an awesome part overall, and i'd advise it before outright replacing the clutch entirely.

Ginzo - Noted. Do you happen to have the product # of the revised TOB?

Erball - I'm having the fluidampr sometime today :happyanim: still sucks that it didn't eliminate all your associated vibes.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
So I delayed my purchase a day because go the post emmanuele design put up. They were selling the stage 1 SRE clutch for 899 usd. When i asked why theres is so expensive he said there were import fees that would make buying directly form Sachs more expensive. However, I contacted Sachs and they said import fee is only 20-50 euro. Plus they're adding in the throw out bearing and it still ends up cheaper than from Emmanuele Design.
Just a heads up, buy directly from Sachs.
And yes Ill give you guys a review when its installed.

mlody91

Ready to race!
So I delayed my purchase a day because go the post emmanuele design put up. They were selling the stage 1 SRE clutch for 899 usd. When i asked why theres is so expensive he said there were import fees that would make buying directly form Sachs more expensive. However, I contacted Sachs and they said import fee is only 20-50 euro. Plus they're adding in the throw out bearing and it still ends up cheaper than from Emmanuele Design.
Just a heads up, buy directly from Sachs.
And yes Ill give you guys a review when its installed.

:thumbsup:

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Well, I picked my car up with the new clutch setup installed today. Lots of break in miles ahead yet, but I like the engagement point and weight of the pedal so far :)

--Matt

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Erball - I'm having the fluidampr sometime today :happyanim: still sucks that it didn't eliminate all your associated vibes.

No way in hell it could have. With spm mounts and an HPA puck, the engines pretty damn well stiff. Hope yours makes a big of difference as mine did.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Makes me glad I went with the 034 street density mounts. They're holding up well so far, and the vibration level is near stock (unless the AC is on). I have the red HPA puck too, but it seems pretty kind in that area.

--Matt

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I've got nearly 200 miles on my Sachs Racing disk now, and absolutely love it! Engagement is always consistent and smooth. It is a bit grabbier than the setup I had before, and in a good way in my opinion. Unsprung hub brings some noticeable additional feeling of directness too.

--Matt

Last edited:

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Still waiting to get mine installed, sorry I've been dragging guys.
Matt, any comments about the noise?

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
It is ever so slightly louder than with the RSR at idle, but not barey noticeably so. Haven't been able to drive it much, so I'm not much further than 200 miles yet. It seems like this setup usually needs a good 500-1000 miles to break in. Bummer right?

--Matt

Last edited: