GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tires for 2011 GTI?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Get Continental DW tires, better than the other two you speak of & last longer than the PSS, which is the best tire in summer so far in dry.

This x3.5 Also OP tires arent something to cheap on about.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
OP trust me... save up and go big on tires. Its worth the extra 200 bucks to get tires that last longer, run quitter, grip better etc.

Once these things are on... you got 25-30k miles to ride on them (or more).

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
If you are going to keep it down to 120 per tires the BF Goodrich is probably youre best bet

tires.PNG

red_stapler

Ready to race!
So for quiet and long lasting - what are other summer tire options in addition to the Dunlops and Continentals mentioned already? I'd rather not spend more than about $120 per tire.

*edit*

Yeah, get the BFGs that Injen1us suggests!

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Are the BF Goodrich tires quiet?

They're above average for the category. In their testing they said:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=200 said:
Coming as somewhat of a surprise was the relative quiet from the g-Force COMP-2 A/S' aggressive directional tread pattern, which was rated as a close second

That seems to match up with the average "noise" rating of 8.6 out of 10 given by their owners.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i like that you're not willing to take the advice you asked for.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
For a budget summer tire, I really like my Hankook V12 evo2's that I picked up. Got a good deal with $100 dollar rebate back in May.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
For a budget summer tire, I really like my Hankook V12 evo2's that I picked up. Got a good deal with $100 dollar rebate back in May.

I don't think the OP would like those, they didn't score as well on noise.

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
After reading different reviews here and on other sites, I've decided to go with the Continental DW's.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That's what I'm going to get - the Continental DW's.

Excellent choice.

I rock these

Make sure they know you want DW and not DWS(the S stands for all season)