GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

pdan

Ready to race!
looking into upgrading clutch before pulling trigger on this - what is everyone else running with this tune?

I’m on the stock clutch right now, specifically ordered a low torque tune so I can avoid slipping until I get an upgraded clutch. Been looking at south bend stage 2 daily or endurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I’m on the stock clutch right now, specifically ordered a low torque tune so I can avoid slipping until I get an upgraded clutch. Been looking at south bend stage 2 daily or endurance.

I'm on Cobb stage 2 ots tune and my stock clutch is slipping. Getting stage 2 endurance before I get a tune.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
looking into upgrading clutch before pulling trigger on this - what is everyone else running with this tune?

Make sure to do your rear main seal while you're in there, and consider a new DMF depending on mileage too. I'm at 146k and needed both of those done recently, so doing a clutch is a good time to do those preventatively.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
South bend stage 2 daily, great clutch

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone else here stratified tuned with the integrated engineering manifold/ko4?

Korydogg

Ready to race!
ok so its been about a year since stratified came out with a tune for our cars. If you went this route early on what are your thoughts? Any reliability issues over time? What about service from stratified? I've read a few pages on this thread and it look like they are slow to respond to correspondence.....I can imagine they are busy so I don't fault them there. Although, I sent them an email about 2 weeks ago and I haven't received a response.

I just bought my car and have always planned on going APR....but reading through this thread has changed my mind and I plan on going with stratified. Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't?

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
I too planned on always staying with APR but I came from their Stage 1 tune after experiencing major drivability issues and now I love my stratified tune. The difference is simply night and day.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
ok so its been about a year since stratified came out with a tune for our cars. If you went this route early on what are your thoughts? Any reliability issues over time? What about service from stratified? I've read a few pages on this thread and it look like they are slow to respond to correspondence.....I can imagine they are busy so I don't fault them there. Although, I sent them an email about 2 weeks ago and I haven't received a response.

I just bought my car and have always planned on going APR....but reading through this thread has changed my mind and I plan on going with stratified. Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't?

Ive been runing their tune for awhile (6/21/2017 flash date). Has been baller since first flash. I used the exhaust crackles map for a couple months and the past ~6 months the regular non crackles tune.

Both have performed well in the Florida environment for me.

jeez

Ready to race!
You probably need the GFB DV+. I had the same whistling issue, pretty common problem with higher boost.

Was already on Rev C and DV+ when this started, changed it again a few days ago to Rev D and new DV+....sound is still there...it's more of a whooshing sound that becomes a whistle under boost. So now I know it's not the DV. Moving on to PCV and Throttle Body. Will realign the TB and change he PCV to a catch can system. I got a youtube callout event I want to make it to with a functioning car. And this is driving me crazy. Right now, I can repeatedly make the car limp when at part throttle for more than 4 seconds or so (as I said easy way to tell is when WGDC is about 40% for like 4 seconds or so). It limps again and again and again without fail. You just have to know how to induce limp mode, which now I do. Also, boost/maf/throttle fluctuates under steady throttle for me (when at part throttle, say 60% constant throttle - that's also where the whistle is at its loudest).

For anyone else out there, I'm getting P0606 and P150A...so if anyone else has these symptoms let me know. Researching it shows it could be anything boost/vacuum related (turbo, intake, IC, PCV etc) or throttle maps in the tune, maybe the throttle body. It is also said it's the ECU but I don't think that's it (it better not be as I like Alex and Stratified). I want to make sure my hardware is sound before I move onto software. I've already changed the battery, cleaned the maf, switched out intakes, changed the full DV, changed spark plugs and coil packs. I know other people that had a leak and fixed it and that got rid of their issue. But I've boost leak tested 3 times (smoke test then twice boost leak test) and there's no evidence of a leak. I'm trying to see if there's something a boost leak test wouldn't show (something that would only show in a moving car under throttle).

Last edited:

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Was already on Rev C and DV+ when this started, changed it again a few days ago to Rev D and new DV+....sound is still there...it's more of a whooshing sound that becomes a whistle under boost. So now I know it's not the DV. Moving on to PCV and Throttle Body. Will realign the TB and change he PCV to a catch can system. I got a youtube callout event I want to make it to with a functioning car. And this is driving me crazy. Right now, I can repeatedly make the car limp when at part throttle for more than 4 seconds or so (as I said easy way to tell is when WGDC is about 40% for like 4 seconds or so). It limps again and again and again without fail. You just have to know how to induce limp mode, which now I do. Also, boost/maf/throttle fluctuates under steady throttle for me (when at part throttle, say 60% constant throttle - that's also where the whistle is at its loudest).

For anyone else out there, I'm getting P0606 and P150A...so if anyone else has these symptoms let me know. Researching it shows it could be anything boost/vacuum related (turbo, intake, IC, PCV etc) or throttle maps in the tune, maybe the throttle body. It is also said it's the ECU but I don't think that's it (it better not be as I like Alex and Stratified). I want to make sure my hardware is sound before I move onto software. I've already changed the battery, cleaned the maf, switched out intakes, changed the full DV, changed spark plugs and coil packs. I know other people that had a leak and fixed it and that got rid of their issue. But I've boost leak tested 3 times (smoke test then twice boost leak test) and there's no evidence of a leak. I'm trying to see if there's something a boost leak test wouldn't show (something that would only show in a moving car under throttle).

Do you have a video of the sound it makes? PCV failures can cause all kinds of weird things so I'd say you're headed in the right direction, especially if it's triggering limp mode. PCV leaks can cause problems without lean codes or anything. PCV failures are common enough it kinda feels like they're almost a wear item if you don't have a catch can. I've gone through two in 146k miles.

When my PCV failed I did get some strange oscillatory boost responses, which was mostly improved with the new PCV plate. Especially at K04 boost levels, a catch can setup is a good way to protect the PCV from having to hold back so much boost.

Also those codes you have could be simply residual codes from a low battery voltage condition, and may not be related to your problem.

jeez

Ready to race!
Do you have a video of the sound it makes? PCV failures can cause all kinds of weird things so I'd say you're headed in the right direction, especially if it's triggering limp mode. PCV leaks can cause problems without lean codes or anything. PCV failures are common enough it kinda feels like they're almost a wear item if you don't have a catch can. I've gone through two in 146k miles.

When my PCV failed I did get some strange oscillatory boost responses, which was mostly improved with the new PCV plate. Especially at K04 boost levels, a catch can setup is a good way to protect the PCV from having to hold back so much boost.

Also those codes you have could be simply residual codes from a low battery voltage condition, and may not be related to your problem.

I have vagcom and clear codes after a while. P0606 definitely comes up after limp mode without doubt. P150A may not although I do think it did as well.

I'll try and find the vids and show you. I put the OEM stage 2 intake back on (had APR Stage 2 intake) to see if that was it but it's not. Sounds are more muffled now but it's still audible.

I'm ordering a replacement OEM PCV valve just cause of the horror stories of blown seals and warnings I've read from installing a catch can. Rather play it safe.

Last edited:

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I'm ordering a replacement OEM PCV valve just cause of the horror stories of blown seals and warnings I've read from installing a catch can. Rather play it safe.

I've lived through that, had to do my rear main seal because of oil leaks from failed PCV. Not a fun bill.