GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm still having a very occasional limp mode issue, although now it's not throwing any codes, so I'm more in the dark about it than I was. But even forgetting that issue, I'm running out of fuel. Boost builds well and holds, but my injection times are almost always above 7ms and the lpfp duty cycle pegs at 80%. AFR slips towards lean but not as aggressively as it was before. The system is sealed up well and I'm at a loss for where to look next. I was hoping to get some advice in the mean time, while I wait for the next revision.

Setup is
F23
3 bar MAP sensor
Neuspeed intercooler
Neuspeed intake w/ USP stage 2 pipe

Hmm that seems strange that you arent getting enough fuel. Most people that run out of fuel are in stage 3 applications not a k04/hybrid.. Hmm maybe talk to the guys on the big turbo thread and see what they say about fueling issues.

Frankenmk6

Hmm that seems strange that you arent getting enough fuel. Most people that run out of fuel are in stage 3 applications not a k04/hybrid.. Hmm maybe talk to the guys on the big turbo thread and see what they say about fueling issues.

That's what I've been thinking. I'm unsure of why the car is still behaving this way. Overall though, the car doesn't feel that great yet. There's noticeable surging when cruising part-throttle around 3k, and I haven't driven the car in boost except to take logs because it's somewhat unpredictable. I put the turbo in about a month and a half ago at this point, and barely made it through 1 tank of gas. I can't enjoy it, so I'm actively trying to find any possible issue so I can start loving my car again. TBH the whole process has been a bit of an ordeal.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
the crackles tune is just consistent with the crackles. I turned it off after using it for about 6 months. just wanted to quiet things down..i still get crackles but not as consistently or as frequently like on the crackels tune

thats what i was worried about. i saw some dudes IG story and his crackles sounded fucking obnoxious but i guess thats depending on his exhaust setup. glad it can be turned on/off.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
That's what I've been thinking. I'm unsure of why the car is still behaving this way. Overall though, the car doesn't feel that great yet. There's noticeable surging when cruising part-throttle around 3k, and I haven't driven the car in boost except to take logs because it's somewhat unpredictable. I put the turbo in about a month and a half ago at this point, and barely made it through 1 tank of gas. I can't enjoy it, so I'm actively trying to find any possible issue so I can start loving my car again. TBH the whole process has been a bit of an ordeal.
Maybe you need a more gradual boost onset.
But top end fueling issues on a f23t seems bizarre. Unless one of your fuel pumps are giving out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Frankenmk6

Maybe you need a more gradual boost onset.
But top end fueling issues on a f23t seems bizarre. Unless one of your fuel pumps are giving out.

I feel the same way. Honestly, even though I'm sure they're expensive, at this point id be happy for someone to tell me one of the pumps is shit. Just so I'd know what's wrong

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
lol im not worried about the 15$, im just worried my car was gonna sound stupid but if you can turn it off then alright.

are crackly dsg farts stupid?

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
I'm still having a very occasional limp mode issue, although now it's not throwing any codes, so I'm more in the dark about it than I was. But even forgetting that issue, I'm running out of fuel. Boost builds well and holds, but my injection times are almost always above 7ms and the lpfp duty cycle pegs at 80%. AFR slips towards lean but not as aggressively as it was before. The system is sealed up well and I'm at a loss for where to look next. I was hoping to get some advice in the mean time, while I wait for the next revision.

Setup is
F23
3 bar MAP sensor
Neuspeed intercooler
Neuspeed intake w/ USP stage 2 pipe

I have a K04 and was running out of fuel in my Protune as well......

Everyone I've talked to says that a MK6 TSI should NOT have any fueling issues on K04 power levels. The latest revision of my tune has dialed back load a bit and my fuel trims are much better, but I'm down on power. I don't understand how big turbo guys can make near 400WHP on stock fueling, but my car cannot push a K04 to its potential.

To anyone with extensive knowledge of our platform's fueling setup: which aspect of the system is the most likely culprit; LPFP HPFP, or injectors?

The tune feels phenomenal, as I expected with Stratified, but I'm wondering if I'm leaving power on the table due to some sort of a mechanical issue.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

brobst

Go Kart Champion

Everyone I've talked to says that a MK6 TSI should NOT have any fueling issues on K04 power levels. The latest revision of my tune has dialed back load a bit and my fuel trims are much better, but I'm down on power. I don't understand how big turbo guys can make near 400WHP on stock fueling, but my car cannot push a K04 to its potential.

To anyone with extensive knowledge of our platform's fueling setup: which aspect of the system is the most likely culprit; LPFP HPFP, or injectors?

The tune feels phenomenal, as I expected with Stratified, but I'm wondering if I'm leaving power on the table due to some sort of a mechanical issue.

Because the rate of air is different per the two turbos. So the smaller k04 cant compress the same amount of air efficiently. So you just cant flow enough air to get enough bang for more hp.
So you run leaner to make more bang but lean can be dangerous.
Maybe its fuel quality issue and not quantity

Gino

Ready to race!

How many miles on your stock fueling system?

Gino

Ready to race!
I'm going to answer as well since it's effecting me even though I know you didn't ask. 83k

Oh my b. It was meant for the both of you. I hadn't realized until now that I only really directed the question to one person. Anyways, I would start with a fuel filter swap. Sounds like you have let fuel sit in the tank for long periods of time, and over time fuel quality in the tank drops a bit. If I remember correctly we have the fuel filter under the car and in the LPFP. If the one under the car doesn't help with your fueling issues I would suggest LPFP next if you wanted to hunt down and really get a refresh on your fueling system.

From my personal experience I was told by Alex to swap fuel filters at some point when fueling suddenly was taking a dip. I did. My fuel system HPFP and LPFP have crapped out on me (before going down protuning) and now have less than 20-30k miles on them both.