• 1 month to 6 months from purchase

Votes: 51 22.0%
  • 6 months to more than a year from purchase

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • never! i'm really lucky! lololololol

Votes: 97 41.8%

• Total voters

xander.p

Hadn't curbed any until i read this thread and then i curbed passenger side rear backing out of a space.
This thread is a jinx!
A jinx i tell you!

lithiumbomb

I have curbed or damaged a wheel on every one of my cars. I'm 90% city driving and it often doesn't work out well. It's not parking. It's often rough curbs on 90 degree turns that I take too sharp, or a giant pothole.

Anyway, 4 months on the 2012 GTI before I curbed the right rear wheel, the Sacrificial Wheel.

Not regretting that I had the 18 inch wheels swapped for 17" from a TDI... There's more city abuse to come.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Nothing on the GTI. Do people not realize it is OK to park away from the curb? there should be plenty of room.

I think it's more about avoiding the door dings from the idiot next to you with an F150 parked on the line. I park super close to the curbs to allow as much room next to me as possible for the idiots who can't park and don't care for your or their car.

JP

DejaEntendu

Ready to race!
I think it's more about avoiding the door dings from the idiot next to you with an F150 parked on the line. I park super close to the curbs to allow as much room next to me as possible for the idiots who can't park and don't care for your or their car.

JP

Exactly this. Also I don't it's some weird phenomenon with me or If it happe s with you guys but why when I park in the middle of nowhere in a parking lot does someone feel the need to park right next to me when. This irritates me.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Are you sure it covers the rims too ? I bought this wear protection also. I'll have a look through the particulars. Sweet if it does lol

Yes. Wouldn't have purchased it otherwise. Made them clarify and put it in writing in two separate documents.

I'm sure I won the PITA Customer Award that month...

Edit: Even with coverage, I won't participate in poll due to jinx factor.

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
95k on the three cars now w/ low profiles. No curbage but I'm extremely anal retentive when it comes to parking. :lol:

Oh wait, take that back. The 2k7 GMC Sierra with 22's I had for awhile got curbed... once. Had never driven something that big before, I'm sticking with compacts now. :bellyroll:

TommyM

Ready to race!
My brother curbed my vmr710s about an hour after putting them on my car :fighting0030: :paddle:

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
I've never curbed my wheels. All four of the wheels on the car were curbed when I bought it. To give the previous owner a break, he/she DID live in New York. I got them fixed a few days after getting the car, and now they're as good as new. Still ugly, but ugly and like new :D

RO415

Curbed my Serron rim not to long ago. If anybody knows a cheap fix for a curb rash out here in Long Island please let me know =(

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Curbed one recently having to dodge a guy who was driving in the middle of the road. Argh!

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Why did the OP create this jinxing thread!!!!

I'm gonna go knock on wood, and even more careful now.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Curbed my Serron rim not to long ago. If anybody knows a cheap fix for a curb rash out here in Long Island please let me know =(

$125 + tax here (turn around 24 hours):

Wheel Fix It
55 St. Mary's Place
Freeport, NY 11520
www.allfactorywheels.com