GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R20 La Auto Show

• Thread starter Deleted member 30464
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30464

I thought that the R20 was supposed to make its' North American debut at the show but I can't find any information to that effect. Detroit....New York Maybe....

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
While I was hoping the same, there have been no claims (to my knowledge) that this was going to be the case.

I remain cautiously optimistic (i.e; hoping, not expecting) that we will get this car in North America.

JhnR

Banned
the dealer in my area, well the finance manager, said he was just in Las Vegas, and they had a corporate meeting, and a list with the cars coming to the US for the next couple of months/years.

well from what "he" said, no R20. BUT looks like Polo is gonna make it here after all.

That's what he said.

I dont necessarily believe that.

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my fingers crossed to see the car there but I'm doubtfull.

You should make this a poll/bet for fun. I think press day is tomorrw so it wouldn't last long.

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
the dealer in my area, well the finance manager, said he was just in Las Vegas, and they had a corporate meeting, and a list with the cars coming to the US for the next couple of months/years.

well from what "he" said, no R20. BUT looks like Polo is gonna make it here after all.

That's what he said.

I dont necessarily believe that.

I was at the dealer today also and the finance manager said the exact same thing.

40rty

Could it be that VW is afraid because the American Market is not doing as well? I mean, I guess as a company they could be looking at it in that aspect. As a company I would not like to lose money as well sending a product that will only be bought by a select few. Could I be wrong, I mean I want an R right now cause I don't know of any other option besides the STI& Mitsu options that I don't want. This is Frustrating that they are playing this game with the US, in deciding to send some cars or not. Its bullshit. Isn't Ford American? Than why did they not send the Focus RS this way too? What a Crock of shit and that is why I can only conclude that its just our economy is not attractive enough at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong.