GOLFMKV

Alice the GTD

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the link:)

Are these the lights you went for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-V...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19eb90f40a

They don't seem as dark tint wise as yours, but it could be the pictures on the advert.

Good luck with the wiring, I thought it would have been a VCDS job rather than a wire swapping one:confused:

Either way, I would be interested to know how you get on.

Mine are darker than that. Think I got the last set off that supplier by the looks of things!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121319229132&alt=web

If that link works those are the ones I bought. It should be an ended listing.

Asked a few people with VCDS so I'll see if I can get it sorted with them and keep you updated!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks mate.

I've emailed the seller of the lights to find out if he can still supply the dark cherry versions.

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Good news, looks like he will be able to re-list a set of dark cherry lights next week, once he confirms his stock:)

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Good news, looks like he will be able to re-list a set of dark cherry lights next week, once he confirms his stock:)

Great news :thumbsup: hope you get them soon, I'll be sure to keep here updated with the progress with vagcom on Monday.

As for my next plan, I just changed my personalised plate over to the GTD, so I put on the license plate holders, since I have pressed plates and didn't want to drill holes in them. However I plan to get rid of the front 'euro' plate holder and then just use my own. It feels like a bold move to me, don't know why, just worried about the look without it, but I do think it will look much better. Especially when I take the plate off all together for shoots :thumbsup:

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi mate, have you managed to get anywhere with VCDS. I have the full version myself and had a look last night, other than coding the car for the LED tails, I couldn't see anything in relation to the fog / reverse light issue:confused:

The supplier hasn't got any lights in as yet, still the lighter cherry and the black versions.

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi mate, have you managed to get anywhere with VCDS. I have the full version myself and had a look last night, other than coding the car for the LED tails, I couldn't see anything in relation to the fog / reverse light issue:confused:

The supplier hasn't got any lights in as yet, still the lighter cherry and the black versions.

Hey I actually couldn't get it sorted! I tried putting the car in North America mode to make the car LHD and all but nothing changed. I may just run them anyway and change them for MOT but I am going to contact the seller again.

So at the minute my car has a red reversing light and a white fog. I can change the white fog to be red but the reversing light doesn't have a place to take a bulb out to change it which seems weird! Otherwise it would have just been a matter of changing the two bulbs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
That's not good, sorry to hear that mate. I guess this is where the seller was referring to swapping some wires around? For the MOT you would need the fog light to be on the drivers side as far as I know....swapping wires wouldn't achieve that I don't think:(

Lets just hope the seller confirms a quick fix:)

afctom

Ready to race!
That's not good, sorry to hear that mate. I guess this is where the seller was referring to swapping some wires around? For the MOT you would need the fog light to be on the drivers side as far as I know....swapping wires wouldn't achieve that I don't think:(

Lets just hope the seller confirms a quick fix:)

This is why I'm going to get OEM tails when the time comes, only about £100 more than reps on eBay, and no worrying about being pulled over, failing MOT or whatever. Just plug and play. Hope you sort yours out soon though.

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
What a pain though, they look fantastic on your car too!

If you decide to put your old ones back on, or get a set of OEM tails, I would be interested in the LED's;)

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
This is why I'm going to get OEM tails when the time comes, only about £100 more than reps on eBay, and no worrying about being pulled over, failing MOT or whatever. Just plug and play. Hope you sort yours out soon though.

I know. Should have just shelled out the extra cash!! Oh well. Hoping there is a fix for them.

What a pain though, they look fantastic on your car too!

If you decide to put your old ones back on, or get a set of OEM tails, I would be interested in the LED's;)

Hah maybe, unlikely that I will change them as I do love them to bits, but just maybe!

Going to contact the seller today and then go and get my car recoded to normal, as its currently running as a Scirocco :eek:

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
30 April 2014

So spent my whole morning splitting down the wheels.

Here are the specs:

RH ZW3 17"
Standard they would be
17"x8J et55 fronts
17"x8.5J et 48 rears

But they have bigger dishes on each making them
17"x9.5J fronts et? (2.5" dish)
17"x10J rears et? (3" dish)

On splitting them I also found that some clown must have assembled them as there was a large dish on one of the et55 barrels and one on one of the et48 barrels. And then a small dish on one of the et55 barrels and one on one of the et48 barrels. So the car they were on surely sat a bit off?

Anyway here are the pics, the centres will be getting done professionally and I am going to tackle cleaning up the dishes and the bolts.

Cheers.