GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG tune without going "custom?" stage 1

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

I was hoping to get opinions on getting a DSG tune before going stage 1.
The reason being is because the shift points and the transmission lag is beyond annoying.
I've installed a DV+ and turbo muffler delete to help resolve some turbo lag and while at points it drives like a dream the next moment the DSG will forget where its at and have like a second delay from stop.
Causing me to look like I have no clue how to drive aha.

I am looking to go stage 1 eventually, probably not stage 2 unless I can get away with a high flow cat in California, but for now I'm still changing components on my car and don't want to mess with higher loads until I get everything sorted out, such as replacing my worn engine mounts with the new ones I've had on my desk for a month....

Also if anyone has any opinions on have a stage 1 custom tune please chime in. I know people usually do custom tunes to get even more out of their car past stage 2. But a custom tune just seems to make sense in my mind as its based around your car and not a cookie cutter map, I'd rather spend a bit more to do it and have my car perform within its range and tested.

I'm still new to tunes, and well the car scene in general, so if I have misunderstood something please let me know.

All opinions welcome,
Thanks!

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
You could just go with Cobb and get a protune(custom tune) stage 1 if that’s really what you want. Eurodyne allows for custom tuning as well. But the OTS tunes aren’t bad either as you’re thinking, they’ve had testing and what not for the platform, they perform well. Search up if Cobb has a dsg tune file, I have no knowledge of them. Maybe someone with a Cobb tune can chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
You could just go with Cobb and get a protune(custom tune) stage 1 if that’s really what you want. Eurodyne allows for custom tuning as well. But the OTS tunes aren’t bad either as you’re thinking, they’ve had testing and what not for the platform, they perform well. Search up if Cobb has a dsg tune file, I have no knowledge of them. Maybe someone with a Cobb tune can chime in

Yea I wanted to go the Cobb route initially because of the access port device and potential resell value if I end up not liking it. But I couldn't find any information on a DSG tune or if its possible to flash a DSG using the tool.

So now I'm leaning towards IE's tunes, while it wont be custom I have dealt with IE in the past and have always had pleasant experiences. But they seem a bit newer to the market place compared to others.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Yea I wanted to go the Cobb route initially because of the access port device and potential resell value if I end up not liking it. But I couldn't find any information on a DSG tune or if its possible to flash a DSG using the tool.

So now I'm leaning towards IE's tunes, while it wont be custom I have dealt with IE in the past and have always had pleasant experiences. But they seem a bit newer to the market place compared to others.

IE is solid you shouldn’t have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk