GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extreme Performance and Competition Tires

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
this is a general question, not specific for the mk6 GTI, but what tire size would I need to get this look(anti-tire stretch, aka tire beef) on 19 x 9" wheels? 2??/35/R19

for reference, pictured are 235/40/R18 on 18x8" wheels

kern417

Go Kart Champion
255 for sure. take the width of the wheel and add 1inch then round to the closest mm tire width for a perpendicular sidewall.

(9"+1")*25.4mm/in=254mm, so 255 should be perfect.

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
255 for sure. take the width of the wheel and add 1inch then round to the closest mm tire width for a perpendicular sidewall.

(9"+1")*25.4mm/in=254mm, so 255 should be perfect.

gotcha so 265 for the beefier look? not looking for perpendicular, i want the tire side wall to poke out slightly past the wheel lip as in the photo

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
265?!?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ohhh ok, was gonna say lol.

Hey Sonny, awesome post for starters. I'm looking into the Potenza RE-11 for a summer tire for some wheels i'm looking at getting. Wheel size I am thinking about is 17x8.5 with +25 offset and I was trying to find a tire that will work with that setup. Any ideas? Also, I have gone with a cheaper tire in the past and of course, it showed in handling and grip. I would like to get a really solid set of street tires this time around and also and advice for a winter tire setup would be great. Thanks.

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
Looking for advice. Currently have 225/40/18 P-zero tires. I had the P-zero nero's before but bought these thinking they were same, their not.
I'm looking for a good tire that i can get at least some traction in 1st and second gear ( got the F23 Frankenturbo). Not too noisy and good wet weather characteristics (I live in Florida). I'm ok with going up to 235 or 245 but I have DG springs so its a little lowered, and I have the flush mount spacer kit (but can take those out). Any ideas?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Looking for advice. Currently have 225/40/18 P-zero tires. I had the P-zero nero's before but bought these thinking they were same, their not.
I'm looking for a good tire that i can get at least some traction in 1st and second gear ( got the F23 Frankenturbo). Not too noisy and good wet weather characteristics (I live in Florida). I'm ok with going up to 235 or 245 but I have DG springs so its a little lowered, and I have the flush mount spacer kit (but can take those out). Any ideas?

go to tirerack, click on ultra summer performance and 200 series UTQG and review the options and read reviews. you can even filter the reviews for volkswagen to see what their FWD experience is.