GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

about the head unit

Q822

Ready to race!
about the rcd 510 & bluetooth

I know that for canada the OEM standard head unit will be the RCD 510....does someone has or had one...is it good??? does the sound with the car with it is not that bad...
I have a baby (8 months) so I don't need an awesome sound you know...

I ask you that because I have an AVH P4100 DVD Pioneer with all the stuff to keep steering control etc ...but if I'm not wrong, the RCD 510 does exactly the same thing with an Ipod except Video and DVD reader...anyway I don't really use it often....

1) Should I change the RCD 510 for my AVH P4100 dvd or not....
2) If I disconnect RCD 510 I will loose the ventilate information on the screen BUT Will I loose the bluetooth to?

thank you to answer my question it's important because I probably have someone who wants my Pioneer for a good price...

thank you
Q

Last edited:

Q822

Ready to race!
Do you know if the Ipod connexion cable will be standard or will be an option (if it's an option do you know the price? )

zee

Go Kart Champion
The ipod connection is not standard for Canadian cars, but you can try an SD card for the RCD 510

dstill

Ready to race!
I know that for canada the OEM standard head unit will be the RCD 510....does someone has or had one...is it good??? does the sound with the car with it is not that bad...
I have a baby (8 months) so I don't need an awesome sound you know...

I ask you that because I have an AVH P4100 DVD Pioneer with all the stuff to keep steering control etc ...but if I'm not wrong, the RCD 510 does exactly the same thing with an Ipod except Video and DVD reader...anyway I don't really use it often....

1) Should I change the RCD 510 for my AVH P4100 dvd or not....
2) If I disconnect RCD 510 I will loose the ventilate information on the screen BUT Will I loose the bluetooth to?

thank you to answer my question it's important because I probably have someone who wants my Pioneer for a good price...

thank you
Q

I upgraded to the RCD510 and i think it sounds very good. Clarity and functions are fine.

Q822

Ready to race!
thank you...more than that...I succeed to negociate the MDI option for free even if in canada normally we have to take the navigation if we want that...