GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Restoring" My Suspension

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
A good general rule for high mileage auto maintenance is that anything made of rubber probably needs to be inspected regularly. Not long ago I discovered cracks in my rear position front lower control arm bushings, so....... it's on the list.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
ECS has "refresh" kits, as well as individual components....both OEM and OEM comparable

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Suspension/

A good general rule for high mileage auto maintenance is that anything made of rubber probably needs to be inspected regularly. Not long ago I discovered cracks in my rear position front lower control arm bushings, so....... it's on the list.

Thanks y'all! Making a growing checklist of to-dos on my car. Suspension and DSG are going to be in need of attention.

*Off-topic ramble alert* Aiming to keep this (last of the true German) GTI as my practical car for many more years (instead of selling it for a Golf R or something similar) and get a well-depreciated 997.2 in a year or so. It's a constant mental balance of "screw all this finicky tech" and "okay, be patient, ask questions on the forum and plan":)

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
*Off-topic ramble alert* Aiming to keep this (last of the true German) GTI as my practical car for many more years (instead of selling it for a Golf R or something similar) and get a well-depreciated 997.2 in a year or so. It's a constant mental balance of "screw all this finicky tech" and "okay, be patient, ask questions on the forum and plan":)

You and I have the same thoughts on the car. Although at some point I plan on making this my garage kept nostalgia machine to pull out whenever I feel like it.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
You and I have the same thoughts on the car. Although at some point I plan on making this my garage kept nostalgia machine to pull out whenever I feel like it.

Exactly. People look back at the Mk2 GTI they had way back when. Those cars were crap compared to the Mk6, and all future GTIs will be more & more refined with things like motion controlled functions and adaptive cruise control .
Eventually I'll add a CarPlay head unit and it will keep this car relevant for awhile. Maybe a LSD too however that may be a needless expense.

It would be great to somehow find a set of European plaid seats but that seems like a needless expense.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Exactly. People look back at the Mk2 GTI they had way back when. Those cars were crap compared to the Mk6, and all future GTIs will be more & more refined with things like motion controlled functions and adaptive cruise control .
Eventually I'll add a CarPlay head unit and it will keep this car relevant for awhile. Maybe a LSD too however that may be a needless expense.

It would be great to somehow find a set of European plaid seats but that seems like a needless expense.

Yeah, but the way I feel is that once you dedicate yourself to a car there are no needless expenses, only ones that make you happy.

Hell, the $2000 exhaust I want is totally a needless expense. But if I'm going to keep the car for a couple of decades.... let's have fun. :)