GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What're you gonna do with your tax refund?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
gona save that betch for that F23. then be broke because i will be fillng up all the time :laugh:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Clearly I know I could adjust my dependents and probably get close to $0 but why not, For the extra $50 or so that I'd get back on each pay check throughout the year that I wouldn't even notice. I'd rather get a large check at the end of the year, it makes it feel like free money to me or rather a forced savings account that I wouldn't likely do on my own

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
No this shit again... ima get nothin back per usual :(

then that means you are doing it right, no?

i claim 0, but i feel like i should at least claim 1 or something. i would like to get more of my paycheck.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
track/summer tires.. maybe wheels too. other than that, all bills, Honda Odyssey maintenance ($$$)... maybe a 2015 WRX, who knows :lol:

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
401k contributions are pre-tax. So...yes? Reduces your taxable income but that doesn't mean you get a refund. Refund is an overpayment of taxes throughout the year and you should adjust withholdings to minimize that.

^This. And I'm a government employee, so no 401K. I have a pension and an "employee savings plan" that contributes as much as $25 per month to my savings. No thanks, I'll invest that money in other, much more profitable ventures.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
401k contributions are pre-tax. So...yes? Reduces your taxable income but that doesn't mean you get a refund. Refund is an overpayment of taxes throughout the year and you should adjust withholdings to minimize that.

Ya you could adjust your taxes if you know the set amount you will contributing but if I have extra money in savings at the end of the year I will dump a bunch more into my RRSP and get a return. If you are going to give a set amount and you know you will be giving that exact amount then you could adjust throughout the year I guess.

aimalick

Ready to race!
bought a house last year, going to get a nice chunk of money back for that.. but unfortunately a child is on the way, so the refund goes to savings for when the lady is off work for a couple months. The life of spending a tax refund like lottery winnings is sadly over :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yep, 401k , Roth IRA, health coverage, all that shit can affect your taxable income, good or bad, depending on how you do it.

And yes, the mortgage interest deduction is a huge helper come return time. As can property taxes.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Depending on size....
extra set of wheels and tires

and either GTI goodies or a KART

at least one small gun (sr22?)

rest debt/savings

I get lots extra taken out so i have a juicy refund....nothing worst than owing the bastards money at the end of they year.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
either an eurojet fmic, stage 1, cts turbo catback w/e i haven't got yet on car

or put it on bank

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
If you are getting a refund, you are doing it wrong.

You are correct sir.

Clearly I know I could adjust my dependents and probably get close to $0 but why not, For the extra $50 or so that I'd get back on each pay check throughout the year that I wouldn't even notice. I'd rather get a large check at the end of the year, it makes it feel like free money to me or rather a forced savings account that I wouldn't likely do on my own

This is kinda now I look at mine too.

then that means you are doing it right, no?

i claim 0, but i feel like i should at least claim 1 or something. i would like to get more of my paycheck.

I always debate changing mine to 1, but honestly like rawbdog said I wouldn't really notice the extra 50 a check.