GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RESOLVED: 2.0 TSI K04 MED17.5.2 Misfire Issue - (GLI/CC/Passat)

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Just cracked my 2008 CBFA open and found weak springs after running K04 for a year now. Never had an issue I know of. But very rarely and occasionally I'll have boost drop near red line. I talked to APR support and told them I haven't had any issues, they reported back I'm on the highest output file and just to enjoy it while it lasts lol.

80K miles
CBFA DSG 2008

TheCastle

Ready to race!
This issue is still not confirmed in any GTIs, correct? I had a misfire in my K04 TSI, followed by an overboost code with no CEL. I'm running brand new plugs with the upgraded R8 coils. I'm suspicious of a couple other things, and will do some data logging in the next day or so -- but just wanted to be able to scratch this off my radar if other people still aren't seeing it in the GTI yet

I just wanted to update this thread, and say yes, it does happen on GTI's. I have it on my 2011 GTI.

Interestingly my GTI does not have any of the color codes indicated in the first post. My springs are coded with a single pink dash.

ChrisATB101

2012 GLI ATB DSG (coil packs and loss of power)

I have a Stock 2.0TSI that I bought used.(30k miles). I noticed that when I first got the car, it would blow me away in terms of power from 25-60+ MPH. Of course that is until #1 coil pack went on me. Had it replaced and they said that the warranty would cover it all. But they would only replace the 1 fouled Coil pack. I asked about the other 3 and they said that only when/if they go out, they will replace it. That is fine with me, however I read that generaly only happens with modifications (ie.. Chipped, BOV, thing like that). I beleive that whomever had the GLI prior to me may have made those mods. Since they replaced the Coil pack, I have about 30-40% less power. what do I need to do to get the power back and also, how would I know if someone had made mods to the car to get that kind of power like when I first bought it.? Sorry for the looooong post. Just need help despirately. please:D

ChrisATB101

I have a Stock 2.0TSI that I bought used.(30k miles). I noticed that when I first got the car, it would blow me away in terms of power from 25-60+ MPH. Of course that is until #1 coil pack went on me. Had it replaced and they said that the warranty would cover it all. But they would only replace the 1 fouled Coil pack. I asked about the other 3 and they said that only when/if they go out, they will replace it. That is fine with me, however I read that generaly only happens with modifications (ie.. Chipped, BOV, thing like that). I beleive that whomever had the GLI prior to me may have made those mods. Since they replaced the Coil pack, I have about 30-40% less power. what do I need to do to get the power back and also, how would I know if someone had made mods to the car to get that kind of power like when I first bought it.? Sorry for the looooong post. Just need help despirately. please:D

Anyone? I am new to VW and this forum. Need help :confused:

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
The video above shows the intake valve springs....aka not relevant to this discussion.

Any more info on more recent production years??? 2013/2014????