GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arm catted downpipe

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
my ebay downpipe seemed kinda thick iirc. wasnt like omg this will fall apart thin

Last edited:

DarthGTi

So you have no fitment issues with the arms connecting to a stock catback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fitment issues at with the ArM 3" CATLESS DP all on a 2012 coupe MT, to be specific.
Like i said, bought an OEM dp gasket, a nicer Vband clamp, and the 42dd 02 spacer. No issues, no CEL. Pulls like a beast. Nice and throaty sound.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Want to know the same thing

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
I'm very interested in this downpipe too. Like to hear from more people who have it. I will also be using the stock cat back. Just making sure it fits. I'll probably take it to a shop to put it in. Just don't want to hear crap that it doesn't fit. And if I go stage 2 then I shouldn't get a CEL

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I'm very interested in this downpipe too. Like to hear from more people who have it. I will also be using the stock cat back. Just making sure it fits. I'll probably take it to a shop to put it in. Just don't want to hear crap that it doesn't fit. And if I go stage 2 then I shouldn't get a CEL

I want to do the same exact thing actually

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
I can't find much about this downpipe. Found only 1 sound clip. I think I'm going to go back to my first choice...unitronic.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I can't find much about this downpipe. Found only 1 sound clip. I think I'm going to go back to my first choice...unitronic.

670$?

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Yes unitronic downpipe is 660 and the shop wants 300 to put it in.

Geez they want to charge you 300 for the Install!? I say ask around man because that seems like a lot just to bolt on a pipe, don't think it should even take more than an hour on a lift and I think average mechanic rate an hour is like 80$

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
That was the 3rd shop I called. They all want about the same price. And of course the closest shop is the most expensive. The shop is so busy the earliest they can do it is 4 weeks from now.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
The shop is New German Performance in Lorton VA

Damn man, that wait is crazy! And for that kind of money, look up install instructions for a downpipe, from what I've read it isn't very difficult. By all means if you have the money get em to do it and you don't have to worry about anything.

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
I've watched all the videos and write ups and yes it looks easy. But my luck I will break a stud on the turbo and I have no idea how to fix that.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Yea better safe than sorry, well good luck man let us know how it goes [emoji1303]

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I've watched all the videos and write ups and yes it looks easy. But my luck I will break a stud on the turbo and I have no idea how to fix that.

If you have ever I installed headers or an exhaust before you can handle a downpipe install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk