GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$125 034 tranny mount, any good?

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
http://www.034motorsport.com/chassi...sity-line-mk5-vw-20t-fsi-32l-vr6-p-21996.html

Says it uses solid rubber instead of poly ... thinking of pairing up that 034 tranny mount with the SPM motor mount for $150 ( http://www.drivespm.com/SPM-Motor-Mount-p/ch10-560z-pn20-00.htm )

Any opinions or reviews on the 034 tranny mount? Looks pretty much like the oem setup unlike all other tranny mounts.

The reason I like them is they are oem mounts with stiffer rubber. Why not get both the engine and trans mount from 034 if you are going to do this? You can get them both for around 200 I think.

I drove my friends B5 S4 with K04's that ran these mounts, never a GTI. He never had a issue with them and the car felt good and solid. Very minor NVH

dave80

Go Kart Champion
034 mounts are the best option for a daily driver imo. I had bsh mounts and hate it the vibrations (even worse during winter time) and switched to 034 mounts close to 2 years ago. No problems yet and they perform the same way as stiffer bsh mounts. This will make you cry, but i paid $180 shipped for both transmission and engine mount when I bought them during a sale.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
http://www.034motorsport.com/chassi...sity-line-mk5-vw-20t-fsi-32l-vr6-p-21996.html

Says it uses solid rubber instead of poly ... thinking of pairing up that 034 tranny mount with the SPM motor mount for $150 ( http://www.drivespm.com/SPM-Motor-Mount-p/ch10-560z-pn20-00.htm )

Any opinions or reviews on the 034 tranny mount? Looks pretty much like the oem setup unlike all other tranny mounts.

I have the 034 Street Density transmission and motor mounts in now. As said, they're OEM mounts with stiffer rubber. Definitely tightened up the DSG shifting and response of the drivetrain to shifts under power.

I noticed about 1% change in NVH on my already fairly stiff setup. I really had to pay attention for the vibes and they were super mild and only noticable at idle or with A/C on.

I am very pleased with these mounts. That said, I am getting the VWR subframe mount installed next week to pair with them.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
guess I'm going with 034 mounts, hoping to eliminate wheel hop as much as possible.

Good choice, I also have them and they are great. Probably the best for a daily driver. :thumbsup:

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Good choice, I also have them and they are great. Probably the best for a daily driver. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear all the positive reviews on the 034 mounts. Mine are currently stuck in chicago waiting to get to the east coast :(

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
another 034 user here and yes they've been great. i used to have the VF engineering mounts but my fiance complained about too much nvh. glad i made the switch.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
guess I'm going with 034 mounts, hoping to eliminate wheel hop as much as possible.

Let's be clear... with just these two mounts, I still had bad wheel hop launching on concrete (K04, remember). That's why I'm getting the subframe mount and WALK installed in addition.

With just these mounts, though, the shifting response is noticably tighter and I don't feel/hear the engine/DSG jump/clunk when I shift. For launch I think the subframe mount will do more of the work and the other mounts will keep things locked down during shifts. We'll see. I'll post about it in a week or so post-install.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Let's be clear... with just these two mounts, I still had bad wheel hop launching on concrete (K04, remember). That's why I'm getting the subframe mount and WALK installed in addition.

With just these mounts, though, the shifting response is noticably tighter and I don't feel/hear the engine/DSG jump/clunk when I shift. For launch I think the subframe mount will do more of the work and the other mounts will keep things locked down during shifts. We'll see. I'll post about it in a week or so post-install.

the lower subframe mount from HPA gets my vote to tighten up the wheel hop issues. Swapping out the autotech insert for it when the mounts come in.

bmc333

Ready to race!
I'm thinking about getting the motor mount/subframe mount package from 034 for $295. Main reason being the subframe mounts are slightly less stiff than most I've seen. I am not K04 so this setup should be perfect I'm thinking.

twistid

Ready to race!

i already have a bfi insert so these mounts are to compliment it. hopefully with all three no more hop?