GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alice the GTD

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Alice The GTD

Hey guys, I'm Andy, fairly new to the Mk6 forums, but I just got my Mk6 so thought I'd share her around!

First off here's the old girl, the Mk5...

I got my new Mk6 yesterday, and I'm insanely happy with her.

Specs (basically standard):
>2.0 GTD 170
>2010
>52,000 miles
>6 Speed Manual
>Candy White
>5 Door (changed my mind last minute, more doors more whores eh?)
>17" Seattle Alloys (freshly refurbed/diamond cut to make them look new)
>Privacy Glass (from B pillar back)
>RCD310 (going to upgrade to RCD510 probably fairly soon)
>Cloth Interior (Jacara Mono)
>Piano Black Dash/Door Inserts

It doesn't have the LED tail lights unfortunately so I aim to buy these within a month or two, and get the dark cherry red ones rather than the standard lighter red ones.

It also doesn't have the DRL Xenon headlights, something I also aim to upgrade at some stage.

Plans for the next few days:
>Full wash, clay and wax.
>Seal wheels.
>Polish and seal exhaust tips.

First Purchases:
>RCD510
>Wind Deflectors
>Upgraded Headlight Bulbs
>LED License Plate Bulbs
>LED Tail Lights
>Coilovers (as a start but saving for bags)

Already Purchased:
>17" RH ZW3 (split and need refurbed) (Can be seen in my Mk5 build thread)
>GTD Seat Inserts
>License Plate Brackets

Future Plans:
>Upgrade Sound System
>Strut Braces (Possibly Unibrace Rear Brace)
>LED Interior Bulbs
>ECS Hatch Pop Kit
>OEM DRL/Xenon Headlights
>Fog DRLS
>Wooden Floor Boot/Trunk
>Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust
>K&N Typhoon/Neuspeed P-Flo
>Forge/Porsche Engine Caps
>Forge Washer Fluid Tank
>Upgraded Brakes Brembo/Tarox
>Air Suspension/Coilovers (still haven't decided on which route to go down)

Few snaps:

All comments welcome! And I'll try update this as much as possible!

Cheers.

Last edited:

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Nice!! If you don't need satellite radio, perhaps you can get one of these: https://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/VW/D5153.html

I'm pretty sure they are available in the Ireland.

It's worth it just for the Navigation alone. Only $303 USD with maps included.

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed

afctom

Ready to race!
Hi mate, really nice looking GTD.

If I were you, my first mod would be LED tails. They will completely transform your car.

As for the radio unit, get an RNS510, very expensive but looks great and the sat nav is so helpful.

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi mate, really nice looking GTD.

If I were you, my first mod would be LED tails. They will completely transform your car.

As for the radio unit, get an RNS510, very expensive but looks great and the sat nav is so helpful.

Thanks man!

Yeah I plan to get them fairly sharpish. Just searching around to make sure I get top quality ones!

As for the RNS510, what all do I need to do to get the nav working? Will I need to install an aerial or anything?

afctom

Ready to race!
Thanks man!

Yeah I plan to get them fairly sharpish. Just searching around to make sure I get top quality ones!

As for the RNS510, what all do I need to do to get the nav working? Will I need to install an aerial or anything?

Here are OEM UK ones - http://www.carsystems.pl/golf-mk6-r...et-adapter-5k0945093ag-5k0945094ag,id384.html

About £400 ish with shipping. Really good price, most replica ones are the same price!

As for the RNS510, you'll need a GPS antenna but they are only a few quid, and come with all systems bought online anyway. It has a sticky backing and just sticks above the radio and under the air vents. Nothing complicated or anything. 5 minute job.

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are OEM UK ones - http://www.carsystems.pl/golf-mk6-r...et-adapter-5k0945093ag-5k0945094ag,id384.html

About £400 ish with shipping. Really good price, most replica ones are the same price!

As for the RNS510, you'll need a GPS antenna but they are only a few quid, and come with all systems bought online anyway. It has a sticky backing and just sticks above the radio and under the air vents. Nothing complicated or anything. 5 minute job.

So because they are OEM they require some coding? Take it that it's not a hard coding job? And that's sweet about the RNS510, thought I was going to have to put an antenna on the roof!

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
14 April 2014

Today's purchases:

Osram H7 Cool Blue Hyper 5000K Low Beam Bulbs
LED License Plate Kit 6000K
LED 501 Side Light Bulbs
Heko Wind Deflectors (4 Pieces)

Can anyone advise me on which high beam bulbs I need? I've searched the web and got 2 different answers, but can't get a clear indication of what I need. (I would check my car but it's away getting a few stone chips fixed up).

Cheers

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
15 April 2014

First wash since I've owned her. Had a few stone chips sorted out, a mark on the wingmirror, and a small dent on the rear door. Really happy with her, and I never knew white cars could come up so good!

Hopefully have all the new parts this week, so I'll update when they come. Once the rear lights are in, I'll maybe move into getting some engine parts (maybe haha).

Cheers.

afctom

Ready to race!
So because they are OEM they require some coding? Take it that it's not a hard coding job? And that's sweet about the RNS510, thought I was going to have to put an antenna on the roof!

They will need coding to get rid of the bulb out error on your dash, but if that dosent bother you then its just plug and play. Your dealer will probably remove the error for you if you ask nicely! Where did you get your tails from btw?

And your car looks so good in those latest pictures. I wish I got my Golf in White, and I also wish I could of got insured on a GTD for under 5 grand...

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
They will need coding to get rid of the bulb out error on your dash, but if that dosent bother you then its just plug and play. Your dealer will probably remove the error for you if you ask nicely! Where did you get your tails from btw?

And your car looks so good in those latest pictures. I wish I got my Golf in White, and I also wish I could of got insured on a GTD for under 5 grand...

Thanks man! :D

I ended up getting ones these ones:
Brand: DECTANE
Manufacturer: DEPO

Looked them up and they've had good reviews and they are plug and play except for having to reverse one clip to make them RHD instead of LHD. Also got them in the dark smoke (Golf R) style so should look great against the white, and all for £250 which wasn't too bad with a years warranty (my Mk5 LED tails are still working 100% with no blown LEDs after 2-3ish years).

I've just turned 22 so my insurance is way down, costs me £750 a year on this so I can't argue. Just be patient! That's what I had to be! :thumbsup: