GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Mini Cat" o2 sensor spacer alternative

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
You mean OBD2 readiness that you can set via VagCom prior to inspection. That's my point. :rolleyes:

You can set readiness but then get a CEL without a spacer and fail inspection...

NLeo

Ready to race!
are you CBFA or CCTA?
CBFA with just the spacer on the rear. I can run it with the stage 2 on and no cel but it will fail readiness because the cat and the rear o2 is not ready. In NY you can only have 1 sensor not ready. So I had apr make me a stock file that didnt delete the rear o2, but then it throws a cel for cataylst efficiency below threshold. Throw that spacer on and clear the codes and after a cold start or 2 it will have full readiness. I put the spacer on 34 days ago and drove 1000 miles and theres still no cel. I found this pretty impressive because theres tons of posts on here about people having issues with inspections and their $75+ spacers throwing cels after a couple days. I use one similar to this.

Thats currently $15 shipped and im willing to bet that its a lot better than the $50 mini cat that was posted above.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
CBFA with just the spacer on the rear. I can run it with the stage 2 on and no cel but it will fail readiness because the cat and the rear o2 is not ready. In NY you can only have 1 sensor not ready. So I had apr make me a stock file that didnt delete the rear o2, but then it throws a cel for cataylst efficiency below threshold. Throw that spacer on and clear the codes and after a cold start or 2 it will have full readiness. I put the spacer on 34 days ago and drove 1000 miles and theres still no cel. I found this pretty impressive because theres tons of posts on here about people having issues with inspections and their $75+ spacers throwing cels after a couple days. I use one similar to this.

Thats currently $15 shipped and im willing to bet that its a lot better than the $50 mini cat that was posted above.
Now THAT'S what a helpful post looks like. Thanks so much man were in the exact same boat so I'm just gonna do the exact same thing and cross my fingers. Are you catless?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NLeo

Ready to race!
Now THAT'S what a helpful post looks like. Thanks so much man were in the exact same boat so I'm just gonna do the exact same thing and cross my fingers. Are you catless?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yep 3 inch catless 42dd downpipe into the stock catback.