GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catback Straight pipe

Mk6_Gti00

So i was thinking of straight piping my 2011 Gti this weekend. I was planning on just straight piping after my Catback. I was wondering if i would have ANY engine problems? Or any probems in general? And will my CEL ever come on? Thanks

goose1

Ready to race!
None what so ever, just more noise and drone

sent via carrier potato

Caddyroo

So i was thinking of straight piping my 2011 Gti this weekend. I was planning on just straight piping after my Catback. I was wondering if i would have ANY engine problems? Or any probems in general? And will my CEL ever come on? Thanks

I don't get what you mean "after your cat back... The cat back is from the cat to the back so theres nothing after it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't get what you mean "after your cat back... The cat back is from the cat to the back so theres nothing after it.

I think he was trying to say he was gonna do piping after his cat (all the way) back.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
So doing a straight pipe and leaving my stock cats on, will my check engine turn on?

dude it sounds so terrible. youtube clips dont do justice to how horrible it sounds IRL. It sounds like a giant shitty bee flying around and waiting for the cops to show up to give you a noise ticket

Mk6_Gti00

dude it sounds so terrible. youtube clips dont do justice to how horrible it sounds IRL. It sounds like a giant shitty bee flying around and waiting for the cops to show up to give you a noise ticket

My buddy has one with Turboback straight pipe and its alright but way too loud for my taste. But i have heard them with stock cats and it isnt too bad..?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
My buddy has one with Turboback straight pipe and its alright but way too loud for my taste. But i have heard them with stock cats and it isnt too bad..?

Something with a muffler IMO sounds way better, or just buy a catless dp, and go stage 2, different noise and more power

Sent from my iPhone