GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS 2.0 Intake??

grrrdn

I've been reading around the forums for suggestions for an intake. I saw the CTS intake for 330 and am leaning towards one. But I have seen that other members saying the pipe to the turbo has no mounting bracket and can cause rattling against the brake reservoir but no one really mentioned if it did happen. Just wanted to know if anyone stayed with the CTS 2.0 long enough to notice any problems.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
I was having this same dilemma. Cts for 330 or unitronic for 360. 30 bucks..... Just go with the one that has a bracket which is unitronic

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have the previous version where its all one piece, i had a issue when i first installed it but that was because the coupler to the turbo wasn't on properly so once i got that secured it lifted it up. Its only like a half inch or so of clearance but i dont feel anything or rattle when braking back when i first installed it. Just make sure when your tightening the one bolt you or a buddy is pulling the pipe up away from the reservoir and it wont touch.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
it's a nice intake, and i almost pulled the trigger myself, but having just a single bolt hold everything together really put me off.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've had both versions of the cts intake and had no problems with either of them.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i have one. mainly got it cause i got it stupid cheap new. had to play around with it but mine did slightly touch the reservoir. after some messing with it is fine

Yeah and the supplied clamps that come with it are really slick. Do yourself a favor and buy some nice clamps and autozone/discount. I had issues with getting the coupler on the turbo intake side and the clamp would just slide off the coupler on the piping.. finally went and got some $4 clamps and advanced discount and haven't had a issue since.

I correlate this because when i didn't have the coupler down all the way due to not being able to tighten the clamp when it was fully on my intake sat low and would occasionally bump the reservoir. Since adjusting the coupler and getting it fully on and tightened down the intake doesnt move even with just one bolt up front.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I'm running the CTS intake on my k04 car. Couldn't be happier. Intake doesn't move around at all, it's very sturdy and looks awesome. Very well made part. I would certainly recommend it. I got mine on sale a while ago for $280, but I would pay $300 for it.

Eurowner

I have the CTS intake, and made a bracket out of flat steel, making a kind of "µ" shape. Problem fixed, the pipe don't touch the brake reservoir anymore :happyanim:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The pipe doesn't touch the reservoir if you put it on properly even without a bracket...

I have no bracket just the one bolt up front by the filter and the couple on the turbo is clamped together and my pipe doesnt move.