GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPA K04 users need some input

KFahey

Ready to race!
So I just installed my HPA k04 two days ago and HPA didn't include one of the vband clamps I needed lol

But luckily I had another k04 to salvage parts from and I changed out the WGA since the HPA one is weak

Now I'm just waiting for Stratified to give me a base map time so I can boost. Currently running their stage 2 tune and I cannot push it because it overboosts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would immedietely boost leak test after the install and check for leaks at that clamp assembly, keep me posted!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

danman1280

So I just installed my HPA k04 two days ago and HPA didn't include one of the vband clamps I needed lol

But luckily I had another k04 to salvage parts from and I changed out the WGA since the HPA one is weak

Now I'm just waiting for Stratified to give me a base map time so I can boost. Currently running their stage 2 tune and I cannot push it because it overboosts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man, I'd be curious what your numbers are with the new WG. I've been on the fence on getting a forge WG since this seems to be the ongoing trend with this turbo. I currently am running the HPA K04 with the stock WG and it's seems to be a little inconsistent.

Thanks.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
By intake track do you mean where the turbo outlet assembly is ....where a silicone hose attaches the turbo to your turbo outlet pipe?

The whole God Damn intake from filter to throttle bottle.

But yes, there was a leak where the turbo outlet pipe mets the turbo.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Out of curiosity why did you get rid of the DV+? That's what I'm running with no issues

Boost leaks.

That 'O' ring that the DV+ comes with is real skimpy, and that's where I was having a pretty big leak as well. I relocated my DV, so I could see oiliness getting blown out from that point.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Got my Stratified base map tune. Car is running great now with the tune!

How does K04 feel compared to "Stage 2" Stratified tune? Night and day difference?

redubbed

Ready to race!
Hey man, I'd be curious what your numbers are with the new WG. I've been on the fence on getting a forge WG since this seems to be the ongoing trend with this turbo. I currently am running the HPA K04 with the stock WG and it's seems to be a little inconsistent.

Thanks.

Curious about this as well. I haven't installed my K04 yet, but after reading about the WG, I'm thinking of upgrading it.

How is the install on such a thing anyhow? Does cracking pressure need to be tested?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

Thanks.

now im thinking i need to look into this too. I have an HPA as well

redubbed

Ready to race!
Night and day forsure.

Changing out the WG is very easy if it's not on the car. Just a few screws.

So there's no adjustment needed? Pardon the "noob" questions. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but this is my first turbo VW (all Vr's before) & I'd hate to screw it up.

I'm having a hard time finding any DIY's.

The turbo is still off the car, so that should make it easier.

KFahey

Ready to race!
I am not sure since I didn't get a Forge WG. But from the looks of it, that one looks like its correct for the K04
Yadadameans, have you boost leak tested your setup? I have the same hybrid k04 as you from HPA.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

redubbed

Ready to race!
Forge got back to me today. The Wastegate Actuator for a K04 on a TSI (CBFA or CCTA) is the one I posted earlier. I asked about a DIY & the salesman explained that (as I've been reading) that it's pretty straightforward.

He said to install it with the flap closed, then preload it 3-4 threads. I also inquired about which spring to use & he siad the Yellow spring that's included if perfect for a tuned, K04 TSI (UM, APR, etc.) at 20-24lbs.

I've ordered one & will post a DIY once I get it.