GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 r or skyline r32?

Krog29

Ready to race!
Serious question... I love my mk6 gti. Was thinking of getting a mk7.5 r with the dq500 dsg.. or should I run this f*ucker in the dirt and get a skyline r32 for a project car?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
if you have to ask, i think your mind is already made up

try the skyline then when you realize you made the wrong decision you can get a mk8

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
sell a kidney and buy an R8

zrickety

The Fixer
R33 imports coming next year I think.

Krog29

Ready to race!
Actually just found out a buddy of mine lives in Japan from my military days. He has a 1995 R33 Gtr vspec he is willing to let me buy it. Cant import it till 2020. Car has only 45,000 miles on it. 91/E85, twin efr 6258 turbos. Going to try and fly out and drive it this year if I can.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Actually just found out a buddy of mine lives in Japan from my military days. He has a 1995 R33 Gtr vspec he is willing to let me buy it. Cant import it till 2020. Car has only 45,000 miles on it. 91/E85, twin efr 6258 turbos. Going to try and fly out and drive it this year if I can.

I would do this.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Personally, I'd take the Mk7.5. I don't have the space in my life for everything involved in owning a 30 year old car that was never sold here.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I don’t see how it would be a choice between those two really! If you were to ask wether you should get a new R or a similar priced second hand GTR then I’d see where you’re coming from, otherwise I don’t get it!?!

EDIT: just re read your original post and see the dilemma? Personally I’d get the R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
If you maintain the R32, then you will at least get your money back out of it. If you roll off the lot with an R, then you can expect normal depreciation, and the mk8 is right around the corner. If you have the ability, get the r32 and have fun with it until you are ready to be done with it. Sell it and buy a mk8 R.