GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

12 year VW PAINT Warranty

dang0on

Pretty new to the forums but I had a question in regards to this warranty, how it works and if this warranty still exists.

2010 GTI, second hand, 170000 something kms

Paint has been peeling bad this winter and wanted to know if VW would cover the cost of paint or fixing these trouble spots as seen in pictures.

I would like to know another peoples experiences with this warranty if it still available to me being a second hand owner.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh my thats rough... in for answers, i unfortunately have no experience in the matter but best of luck.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
VW 12 year warranty does apply to current owners not just people who bought from new, however it usually only covers rust that starts from inside that I know of, it may be hard to get them to admit paint falling from outside like that is their fault, however its worth a shot to go to your local VW dealership and try! Cost to fix it is hard to say, if its really starting to hit every panel it could cost thousands, I would get it looked at asap before the rust becomes more of an issue though.

dang0on

VW 12 year warranty does apply to current owners not just people who bought from new, however it usually only covers rust that starts from inside that I know of, it may be hard to get them to admit paint falling from outside like that is their fault, however its worth a shot to go to your local VW dealership and try! Cost to fix it is hard to say, if its really starting to hit every panel it could cost thousands, I would get it looked at asap before the rust becomes more of an issue though.
Thanks. For the info. I have a appointment in July due to the VW bodyshop being so booked.
I also been reading the difficulty of the claims with VW.
Will check up again with results.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
You might get lucky and have them throw you a "goodwill" repair. But typically I think that you also need to have full perforation in order to get a repair. Surface rust won't cut it. And rust from paint chipping off won't be covered either.

And they'll check it with a paint gauge and if the area has been repainted that's a no go too.