GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
yeah, i'm aware. i was stupid for a half second there. :rolleyes:

nah youre right though the rear ones are usually like a fabric strap

if we wanna talk rice for a second, i must admit im jealous you can see rear aftermarket components on civics

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
nah youre right though the rear ones are usually like a fabric strap

if we wanna talk rice for a second, i must admit im jealous you can see rear aftermarket components on civics

:threadjacked: didn't even know that was a thing. I like the clean "sleeperish" look of our cars unless big wing and other stuff.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ricer status unlocked. Tired of always banging my shin on my oem tow hook, I found a really good deal on this Rennline tow hook with gopro mount. Completely un necessary but I've been feeling down about not being able to drive it lately and figured why not. Good deal was good.

IF I HAD A DOLLAR....

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Did some work on it over the weekend. Got the right side back together, Lower control arms back on, toe arms, torqued everything and put wheels back on. The battery is dead now from sitting so long. Wouldn't take a jump. Also put the ricerhook on.

Schweet. I don't even like tint really but still a sucker for ricer hooks. It's like giving ur girl a nose ring. Hot.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Schweet. I don't even like tint really but still a sucker for ricer hooks. It's like giving ur girl a nose ring. Hot.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I don't really like the looks of them much but I need it for track days and don't really like taking it on and off. I have no clue where the little plastic cover is for the hole anymore either so it would look even worse without one. The oem tow hook stuck out even worse and I'd always bang my shin on it. Figured at least this one has a mount for a gopro :iono:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
^yeah the gopro mount will be nice for track days. +1 for banging shin on oem tow hook..i painted mine red which boosted both horsepower and reduced shiners

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
^yeah the gopro mount will be nice for track days. +1 for banging shin on oem tow hook..i painted mine red which boosted both horsepower and reduced shiners

All that weight that you've added to the front with that red paint is going to kill you doe. On the other hand, that added down force doe. :iono:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I don't really like the looks of them much but I need it for track days and don't really like taking it on and off. I have no clue where the little plastic cover is for the hole anymore either so it would look even worse without one. The oem tow hook stuck out even worse and I'd always bang my shin on it. Figured at least this one has a mount for a gopro :iono:

Same exact scenario in my case. Lost the cover, always bang my knee on my OEM hook lol

i dont track but with how i jerry rig things together sometimes I'm bound to need a tow one day haah

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Well, I want this thing to be 100% right by the time I'm done with it. That said after inspecting the upper control arm, I really don't like how the bushing is sitting in there. VW really did a shit job designing those. Mk5 had a completely different beefier design. I found a febi replacement for pretty cheap - $15 per arm and ordered those. I'll swap the powerflex bushings in those instead. Was going to spring for voodoo13 upper control arms which are really nice, but the price tag of $350 isn't going to fly for me right now. I don't need a lot of camber so the mk5 arms will work just fine.

mk6 design where the stamped steel is split in the middle. Makes it damn near impossible to get the oem bushing out without bending one of the flimsy arms.

mk5 design is solid. I'm sure they weigh a tad more but it should be marginal.