GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The wait is over... Revo'ed my R

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Having waited almost 2.5months for the production release of the Revo items for the Golf R, mine finally arrived via DHL on Saturday 31st July and hauled the highly praised panel guy to my place to fit my gear.

Apart from my kit I've fitted the a pretty impressive intake from Evoms, fitted the full exhaust from Supersprint and slapped on the VMR VB3s. Am currently holding off on the fuel pump upgrade and I/C option.

Although Black wasn't my choice of preference for the Golf R, i'm really happy with how its turned out.

Some pics attached after waxing today.

Attachments

• IMG_8550.JPG
    IMG_8550.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_8544.JPG
    IMG_8544.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 1,688
  • IMG_8563.JPG
    IMG_8563.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 1,609
  • IMG_8565.JPG
    IMG_8565.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 1,477
  • IMG_8503.JPG
    IMG_8503.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 1,660
  • IMG_8507.JPG
    IMG_8507.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_8492.JPG
    IMG_8492.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 957

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
car looks OOOMPH! :thumbsup: love the exhaust tips and carbon grille

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Thanks heaps for you supportive comments on the R. Wasn't sure if the CF kit was going to be too much but then again with the car being black, I glad its kinda a lil subtle.

When are you guys getting the Golf R in the US? I heard a Yes and No and am now confused. Am really keen to see what crazy developments you guys will have in the pipeline. Hope you guys get it soon.

Again thanks

jwoods986

Passed Driver's Ed
When are you guys getting the Golf R in the US? I heard a Yes and No and am now confused.

That, my friend, is the million dollar question -lol. We keep hearing yes or no and are just as confused as you. The rumor is that it will be here in about a year as a 2012 model.

Congrats on yours though, it looks great!

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
You guys with the Rs.... How does gas mileage compare to the GTIs??

Actually I think the consumption is there about the same as the GTI... over the first 7weeks of ownership I've noted that the full tank give me approximately 450km/tank which is not too bad but add a lil spirit on the gas you'll come down to 315km/tank if you are lucky.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
WOAH Carbon fiber grill!?!?!? Please tell me thats available for GTIs seperately...awesome!

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
Wasn't sure if the CF kit was going to be too much but then again with the car being black, I glad its kinda a lil subtle.

it looks fine. I didn't even notice until i looked more closely. How bout some interior pics?

NIV

Actually I think the consumption is there about the same as the GTI... over the first 7weeks of ownership I've noted that the full tank give me approximately 450km/tank which is not too bad but add a lil spirit on the gas you'll come down to 315km/tank if you are lucky.

i get more than 500 on my gti but never lower than 450 even with some very spirited driving. depends on how much city driving you have, i'm about 50/50. i wish you could get the R in Israel, probably won't market it because it's too expensive with the crazy tax. I would really consider it, tired of the fwd spin

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
WOAH Carbon fiber grill!?!?!? Please tell me thats available for GTIs seperately...awesome!

yea mate that certainly is available for the gorgeous GTIs too... My brother is spewing because he can't believe that Revo is a lil cheaper than Osir (which is pretty awesome too) but the finish on the Revo is just flawless not to mention solid.

I reckon on a Gti the Grill, Wheel Arches and Lip will set the car off.

Here is the link to check mate:

http://www.revozport.com/revozportRT.htm

Hope it helps... Write to a Ken and mention that Aaron referred you and he may grant you some good discounts. :)

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
it looks fine. I didn't even notice until i looked more closely. How bout some interior pics?

Hey mate... Thanks for the assurance. Sure will ping some pics of the interior when i return from Singapore. I've fitted the Osir CF Transmission plate the knob sock and two functional Defi Advance series gauges for both Boost and Exhaust Temp. Hope you don't mind waiting. :)

i get more than 500 on my gti but never lower than 450 even with some very spirited driving. depends on how much city driving you have, i'm about 50/50. i wish you could get the R in Israel, probably won't market it because it's too expensive with the crazy tax. I would really consider it, tired of the fwd spin

Fwd is pretty fun no? I kinda like how its a point and shoot feel. :) Never thought any other car would ever gimme the same excitement as when I had my 2005 R53 JCW Mini Cooper S until I bought the Golf R.

Won't bore you with details of a MCS but yea... the GTIs are pretty sweet if I may say so myself. You done much stuff to it?

mk6stage3

Ready to race!
Revozport stuff looks good, but these VMR's with the recessed lips make them look like 17's. Lowering it might help but I would have stuck with a full faced wheel if 18's suit your needs better than 19's.