GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The FK Coilover Thread.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
if you have your mind set on FK's i would say silverlines are lowest maintenance, but like you said you can streetlines and replace them in 3-4yrs would be about the same price in the long run

there is some "coilover spray" which is just silicone spray you could use a couple times a year as maintenance and even the streetlines will last you 5 years

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
appreciate the help alot guys. i think ill go streetlines with the spray. the streetlines say a 2.55" drop. anyone have proof that this looks good? id rather not mess with removing stuff to make them go even lower.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
appreciate the help alot guys. i think ill go streetlines with the spray. the streetlines say a 2.55" drop. anyone have proof that this looks good? id rather not mess with removing stuff to make them go even lower.

meh i hear helper springs are useless anyway.

plus i think they underestimate the drop in the product description because 2.5" drop is only .5 inches lower than H&R SuperSports...

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
what exactly are the helper springs? and yea it says they under estimate the drop on the site. although i think 2.5 will look good and be reasonable for DD

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
what exactly are the helper springs? and yea it says they under estimate the drop on the site. although i think 2.5 will look good and be reasonable for DD

these lil buggers. keep tension on the main spring when it has no load. don't really do anything ultimately. and yes, the advertised drop for FKs is notoriously underrated. they always go lower than advertised. in fact, a lot of coil companies do this (they'll advertise around 2" since that's an "ideal" drop, but you can go lower typically)

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
thanks.. i didnt see any helper springs in the streetline kit from FK however. unless they just arent pictured..

edit: i fail, i see them now...

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
thanks.. i didnt see any helper springs in the streetline kit from FK however. unless they just arent pictured..

edit: i fail, i see them now...

another thing common with coil companies: sometimes the pic they will have on their website will be wrong. what I mean is that they will use a stock photo of a certain line of coils instead of showing a platform specific photo.

example: let's say you were looking at Highsports. MKVI Highsports might come with helper springs, but in the pic on their website it might show a version of Highsports without helpers if, say, E46 M3 Highsports don't have helpers and they just happened to use that pic for ALL of their Highsports kits (this is just a hypothetical example, I'm not saying this is the case with Highsports).

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
^ thanks for letting me know. ill keep that in mind for sure. ill call them and ask before i order them. unless someone actually knows if the streetlines come with helpers.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
im running 2inches rear an 1.5inches front so i can clear snow untile winter is over, In a few weeks i plan on having BBS VZ color matched to my car