GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weekend Car thoughts

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Depending on budget I'd look into a C5 Corvette or C5 ZO6. The regular C5 is the cheaper option and plenty out there that keeps the price low. Dead reliable and if you do a head/cam swap you'll have more power than the same generation ZO6 and will have a fun weekend toy.

ben_m

Ready to race!
Depending on budget I'd look into a C5 Corvette or C5 ZO6. The regular C5 is the cheaper option and plenty out there that keeps the price low. Dead reliable and if you do a head/cam swap you'll have more power than the same generation ZO6 and will have a fun weekend toy.

That what my coworker was telling me. The reality is I won't be getting anything :( No money, no time and a 3rd kid on the way.

To further drill in the pain is that my wife told I couldn't get a Manual for my next car either, that I wouldn't enjoy it :cry:

I could get a manual $1,000 beater, but its just going to be a massive headache.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
:23:

GTI and Jeep would be a solid combo for some folks I think

It is. I had a 03 wrangler and recently sold it because I'm planning a different jeep build. You got the best of both worlds. A tight nimble car in the GTI, and a fun off roader you can go anywhere with.

You bumped a thread from 8 months ago, and he is asking about a weekend car...
FWIW, I got an old Jeep Wrangler (1988) and it's really fun to drive in a different way. Top off for sure. My GTI is the fast track car.

lol, no harm in bumping old threads. Some will grill for creating new threads when old ones exist, lol. I know it was a weekend car thread, I just wanted to enforce that it would not make a good daily at all, so it fit the weekend car logic :thumbsup:

Cool hearing you got a Wrangler. I've always wanted a 90s one maybe, but I hear they can be just as deep of a money pit as a VW so I got enough with the GTI at the moment, lol.

Jeeps are certainly money pits. You have to know when to say when. Off road parts are really expensive so you have to understand what you really need.

You should get one. The 90-up had fuel injection which mine lacks. A better transmission too, if you get the six cylinder. They are actually pretty reliable unless you turn them into monster rock crawlers...then stuff starts breaking.
I test drove a Miata from 2 generations ago, it was pretty sweet. Not practical at all, but fun to drive. To choose between them, it's the Wrangler any day.

Nice YJ! That 4.0 is bulletproof. They'll run for 250k easy.