this

alienware iirc? iono

utilize each room to be multi use :thumbsup:

wall bed ftw

good solution ^

(brewing coffee)

(drawing design in coffee)

(hands to phur)

Thanks man! Anyone else feel like Simon Pegg in the beginning of Shaun of the Dead every time they get up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah your buddy with that large house, that is what ill never understand . At that point youre almost better off buying a smaller house with land, then build your dream garage on it.

Ive been noticing the trend of kids getting an extra game room happening more and more. From your point of view im assuming its cause you want them out of your living and let them mess up that room as much as they want. Do you find your kid sleeps in that room often? like on the couch.

Family i know who has a kid, they did the extra room thing with him...seems he stays up till 3-4 in the morning playing xbox with his friends till he runs out orange soda or passes out.

Parental controls shuts off the internet to all his devices after 9:30p on school nights. I have his school chromebook under a separate profile which runs later, after he tried to scam "MOOOOOM! Dad blocked the internet and I can't finish my homework...."

Now when he cries like that, I know it's because he's trying to use something else to access the internet.

And the couch in his room is more like a loveseat. Too small for him to sleep on. He's actually pretty good about it. Plus once he's on his XBOX it's almost always Live and he can't stay calm - so we know. "BRUH! YOU SHOT ME BRUH!"

How are the windows on your place? new construction crap?

Garbage.

Wife wants to replace them all. Wouldn't be a bad idea to replace them. But I don't want to drop $20k on windows that I know I won't get back when I sell. Renner did it on his place (same floorplan) and is happy - but he's also planning to be there until both kiddo's are out of school.... so he's got a long time.

Get a mini bar down there, some better lighting . Maybe a pool table if its a wide setup. Surround sound , maybe a 50 inch tv. We can help you spend your money on ultimate man cave. :laugh:

My surround sound, etc. is upstairs in the main living area. It's nice to crank it up and have tunes that fill the house.

If someone can take a bunch of oil jugs away for me ill throw you $20 to dispose of it . (legally) somewhere. been meaning to. #oil hoarder

They won't accept bulk oil like that. I've got probably 40-50 liters at least of used oil and dsg fluid in my basement because I can't get rid of it as well.

O'Reillys.

I have a 5-gal jug that I use (big can w/wheels and a 5' long funnel for going under the lift). Never an issue, I just wheel the whole thing in to O'Reilly's and they happily take it. They empty it and give me the can back.

I haven't built a gaming PC in years... What's the latest/greatest? Don't even know what it would cost nowadays. PTAK, care to chime in?

Intel 8000-something series, and nVidia RTX2080Ti.

Just buy this: https://www.microcenter.com/product/511664/g462-desktop-computer

Should last a LOOOONG time.

I've sold two Microcenter builds so far - both have been nice machines. Well put together, nice cable organization, good components. Would have liked less bloatware but still WAY less than what you'd get if you bought a Dell.

Phur

Autocross Champion
ChiChat 18: EJ Does Boosted's Bidding

Someone asked me about punk music... sorry, being on a different schedule + school makes it difficult to keep up sometimes.

I dig some old shit...
Sex Pistols, a little Dead Kennedys. I haven’t had a ton of exposure to it.
I have loved Rancid since high school. Tim Armstrong’s voice is amazing and they have some of the most incredible bass lines!
If anyone has any suggestions I would love to discover more.

My favorite bands would be Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, and Radiohead.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
What kind of car are you going to angle for while you are there Jay?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Sick! Like proper London? Want a roomie?
I'll be there for work which means I won't have any time to do anything. Start at 7, work till 5, go to dinner with work people(meh) then back to the hotel around 9-10. Repeat 5x

It'll either be London proper or Southampton area in the southern part of the country, about 15 min from Stonehenge. Not sure which office I'm going to yet.
What kind of car are you going to angle for while you are there Jay?

Well, if I want to be reimbursed (and I do) I have to use either Hertz or Enterprise. Last time I went to that office they gave me some tdi Fiat, was actually pretty fun for a rental. 6mt, rhd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
Parental controls shuts off the internet to all his devices after 9:30p on school nights. I have his school chromebook under a separate profile which runs later, after he tried to scam "MOOOOOM! Dad blocked the internet and I can't finish my homework...."

Now when he cries like that, I know it's because he's trying to use something else to access the internet.

And the couch in his room is more like a loveseat. Too small for him to sleep on. He's actually pretty good about it. Plus once he's on his XBOX it's almost always Live and he can't stay calm - so we know. "BRUH! YOU SHOT ME BRUH!"

Garbage.

Wife wants to replace them all. Wouldn't be a bad idea to replace them. But I don't want to drop $20k on windows that I know I won't get back when I sell. Renner did it on his place (same floorplan) and is happy - but he's also planning to be there until both kiddo's are out of school.... so he's got a long time.

My surround sound, etc. is upstairs in the main living area. It's nice to crank it up and have tunes that fill the house.

O'Reillys.

I have a 5-gal jug that I use (big can w/wheels and a 5' long funnel for going under the lift). Never an issue, I just wheel the whole thing in to O'Reilly's and they happily take it. They empty it and give me the can back.

Intel 8000-something series, and nVidia RTX2080Ti.

Just buy this: https://www.microcenter.com/product/511664/g462-desktop-computer

Should last a LOOOONG time.

I've sold two Microcenter builds so far - both have been nice machines. Well put together, nice cable organization, good components. Would have liked less bloatware but still WAY less than what you'd get if you bought a Dell.

HOLY CRAP. $3k. That is like the top of my budget for the whole thing :laugh:

Builder windows FTL. Cheap crap. When we sold our Townhome, it had 3 bad window sashes, and the house was only 5 years old. When I originally called the MFG (which took me a long time, jumping through hoops, playing phone tag, trying to find out who made the windows), they denied my warranty claim.Two leaked and one cracked. A month later, after getting quotes to repair two windows, I didn't want to pay $500. So I decided to write the company a nice email, pretty much saying their product is crap and their support is even worse. Someone in management called me a few days later and as goodwill, sent me all three window sashes, with free shipping. I left it for the buyer and told her to have someone install it for her. Had our lawyer write up something, so we are not liable for whatever happens and that the replacement is a freebie to the buyer.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'll be there for work which means I won't have any time to do anything. Start at 7, work till 5, go to dinner with work people(meh) then back to the hotel around 9-10. Repeat 5x

It'll either be London proper or Southampton area in the southern part of the country, about 15 min from Stonehenge. Not sure which office I'm going to yet.Well, if I want to be reimbursed (and I do) I have to use either Hertz or Enterprise. Last time I went to that office they gave me some tdi Fiat, was actually pretty fun for a rental. 6mt, rhd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RHD manuals are a hoot

Phur

Autocross Champion
Hey Jay, were you able to find any information on that brake light tweak?

Status
Not open for further replies.