GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what brake bleeder do you recommend?

engineered2win

Ready to race!
I don't know if any of the haters have actually tried gravity bleeding, but it doesn't take that long. I can fully flush my brake and clutch circuits in less than an hour, including putting the car on stands and removing/replacing the wheels. I put a hose on the bleeder and use a closed end wrench to crack open the bleeders. Catch the old fluid with some empty coffee cans. Set your timer for 5 minutes and go do something else. Come back every 5 minutes and keep the reservoir topped off and close the bleeders when you're done.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh, bummer... Pretty good deal. All good though, thanks anyway Joe! [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
lol randomly stumbled across this again... I don't know if I got a bad bleeder or what from Motive. I bought one years ago after everyone here recommended it. I really have never been able to get it to work. It won't make a seal tight enough on the master resevoir. I've tried putting in an O-ring and that doesn't solve it either. I've always ended up borrowing my buddies vaccum bleeder after getting frustrated enough with the motive.

Last night was no different. I didn't have anyone to pump the brakes to bleed manually so I figured I'd try the motive again. Same result. I'm going to toss this piece of crap in the garbage.

jay745

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I had the same experience with the Schwaben pressure bleeder I purchased from ECS (same setup as the motive bleeder). It wouldn't seal onto the master cylinder no matter what I tried - teflon tape, o-ring in the cap, combination of the two, etc. I contacted ECS because I thought I had a faulty unit and they sent me a billet replacement cap. It had the same issues so I decided to cut my losses.

Oddly enough the bleeder seals just fine on my dad's MK7 GTI - merry christmas to him I guess (in exchange for him pumping the brake pedal for me when I bleed my brakes :rolleyes:).

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I had the same experience with the Schwaben pressure bleeder I purchased from ECS (same setup as the motive bleeder). It wouldn't seal onto the master cylinder no matter what I tried - teflon tape, o-ring in the cap, combination of the two, etc. I contacted ECS because I thought I had a faulty unit and they sent me a billet replacement cap. It had the same issues so I decided to cut my losses.

Oddly enough the bleeder seals just fine on my dad's MK7 GTI - merry christmas to him I guess (in exchange for him pumping the brake pedal for me when I bleed my brakes :rolleyes:).

I too bought the Schwaben from ECS and also have the same issue with getting it to seal properly. Teflon tape did work for me but is still a pain in the ass to get a proper seal.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Haven't had an issue with my motive in 3 years and I use it quite frequently. Sorry to hear.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I bought my motive bleeder used off a member, used it on multiple cars for many years, so far so good. Sucks that you’ve experienced otherwise

jay745

Sucks hearing that I probably got a bad one. I wish mine worked the way it's supposed to. The mityvac hand vacuum bleeder I bought worked ok but not great. I ended up still having my girlfriend pump the brakes and bled them the old fashioned way. My hand was cramping up from the hand pump after the second caliper.

I think eventually I'll buy a compressor for the garage and then be able to use an air vacuum pump which are awesome.

I've pretty much converted all my tools to electric vs pneumatic at this point though so I don't really have a need for a compressor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jay745