GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne DSG Tune

zehffro

Hey guys,

Am new here and have recently got myself an automatic '11 Golf GTI. So over the last week, after much reading and much hesitation, I decided to go with Eurodyne's tunes.

I must say that the stage 2 ecu tune was pretty wicked. Good gains, good torque. No issues at this point.

However, Im running into issues with their DSG tune. In 'D', prolly a bit more sensitive, however, not much of a difference as compared to stock. I'm still changing gears at approx 2k rpm? And if I were a little more heavy footed, it'll change gears at 2.5k rpm. The issue comes when I'm driving manually using the paddle shifters or gearstick (+/-). Upshifting is great, BUT i have lost my rev match function when manually downshifting. There is a 2 second lag after i flicked a downshift before the rev needle shoots up, somewhat like downshifting in a manual car without applying the heel-toe technique. Is this normal or what?

Would love to also hear from other Mk6's who went with Eurodyne's DSG tune and what are the changes like. TBH, i'm a little disappointed. :iono:

Nezoid

Ready to race!
I have the tune and haven't noticed any down shifting issues in M mode. Maybe you could give me some details on what to try to see if I could replicate. Speed/RPM/Gear.

In D.. that sounds about right. It will still shift at/around 2k rpm.

I put my thoughts in this thread when I first got it.

Just let me know what you'd like me to test.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I have the Eurodyne DSG tune and it makes a huge difference. It's also only $375 (6 credits). I was running into issues on stage 2 with no DSG tune as well. What I found was that the DSG limits the amount of torque the car can produce to protect the clutch discs. I believe it's around 260-270lb/ft. The DSG tune raises that limit (among other things) to help make drivability with a tune possible.

There are guys that never get DSG tunes even with a KO4 and I just can't for the life of me understand why. I love my Eurodyne DSG tune - I can almost guarantee it'll solve the funkiness you're experiencing.

zehffro

Yeah, I really want to have a nice sweet DSG tune that can match my stage 2 eurodyne ecu tune. But unfortunately, i lost all downshifting functions i.e. rev-match functions in both M mode and D mode. Anyways, I've posted two links here for you you guys to see what's happening atm. Abit difficult to really be on point with the shifting because one hand on the camera. But yeah the issue is pretty much evident!

Low RPM Manual Downshift
https://vimeo.com/212202065

High RPM Manual Downshift
https://vimeo.com/212202024

zehffro

I have the tune and haven't noticed any down shifting issues in M mode. Maybe you could give me some details on what to try to see if I could replicate. Speed/RPM/Gear.

In D.. that sounds about right. It will still shift at/around 2k rpm.

I put my thoughts in this thread when I first got it.

Just let me know what you'd like me to test.

I've read your posts many times before committing and after committing. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have the same experience. Im actually more concerned with the missing rev-match function