GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Civic Type R

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I’m not in the market for a new ride, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

I've gotten a few magazines and read a few articles covering this monster in the last month or so.

Add to that some online video reviews/pieces that suggest the car checks all the boxes and basically does everything for you except massaging your balls and bringing you to completion, well…color me intrigued.

Talk me off the ledge, please. Thanks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Same... Not sure how the Rs respond to modding yet but I am imagining 400wheel isn't too hard to get to... it's a sick car not gonna lie I'm a sucker for the boy racer look. But I would have to mod it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
If you're over the gti then go for it. Otherwise I think the type R's are good, but way too expensive for what they are. Slap a k04, lsd, and some good coilovers on your car, go on 20 **TRACK DAYS** with the leftover money.

FTFY, see above.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I'm very happy with my GTI. I have no immediate plans to sell or move into another ride (which really up until this last month or so, would've been just another MK6 GTI or R), but damn, that Type R is ballz fast with some nice off-the-shelf performance mods.

I'm not too crazy about the ricey (IMO) flares and wing, but performance~wise, it's pretty hard to argue against and couple that with universal Honda reliability and you essentially get the perfect daily car for "enthusiasts."

I haven't driven one and really, I don't plan to because based on what I've read/seen, it would be hard to do so and walk away not wanting to buy it. Zero car payments for the last almost two years has really spoiled me.

Anyone have any behind-the-wheel experience with it?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Damn. Have yet to buy one. But tempted if it is that good. Haven’t driven a car more fun than this one since buying it tbh. I will buy another MK6 GTI to daily because I love the car that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk