GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

pdan

Ready to race!
You need a bunch of clips like the 3 in this pic.

Aha, thanks for that. Are those the speed clips or whatever they are called??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

I honestly have no idea what they're called. I've also seen people say they don't trust those screws so they get some bolts and nuts and do away with the oem hardware.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

The guy I bought it from didn't send any additional hardware, I just used all the clips that are on it. There are maybe like 10 that clip into the bumper, the first side goes in easy but the second side was a bit of a bitch to get in. I'm gonna be getting a DPC front splitter eventually so those will replace the ones i'm missing now.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Corner balance and alignment today. Car weighs 2996 pounds without me in it and half a tank of gas. I'm pretty stoked it was under 3k.
:D:happyanim::thumbup::clap: Dat 4lbs savings doe :laughabove::respekt::burnrubber::evil:

ahard48

Ready to race!
^^^ My guess is Rotiform IND-T

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Mixed feelings lol

I didn't realize the back side of it would be hollow and bare fiberglass so I'm a little concerned about how I'm going to install it. I'm not sure 3m tape will be enough.

Any luck with the spoiler install? Is there a way to secure it to the frame of the car or the bumper?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
^^^ My guess is Rotiform IND-T

IND-T is correct. Those are 19s but she has a set of 18s that are in much better shape and a bit more aggressive that are gonna go on next spring.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i got an oem lip from deutsche auto parts and it fits like crap. wonder if i was missing those tab/mount things. cant remember lol

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did a carbon cleaning on Saturday. For all the stories i've heard, getting the intake manifold off wasn't really a pain at all. Worst part was the M10 bolt but once I took off the throttle body took maybe 2 minutes to get it out. Mine weren't too terrible but I still took a lot out. I used carb cleaner and CLR to soak it then paper towels and screwdriver to wipe all the goopy carbon out. It may be because of the colder weather deflating my tires a bit but it seems like i'm getting worse mileage than before I did the cleaning :iono:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did a carbon cleaning on Saturday. For all the stories i've heard, getting the intake manifold off wasn't really a pain at all. Worst part was the M10 bolt but once I took off the throttle body took maybe 2 minutes to get it out. Mine weren't too terrible but I still took a lot out. I used carb cleaner and CLR to soak it then paper towels and screwdriver to wipe all the goopy carbon out. It may be because of the colder weather deflating my tires a bit but it seems like i'm getting worse mileage than before I did the cleaning :iono:

but its turbo season

smanierre

Autocross Champion
but its turbo season

This is also true, hopefully picking up an IE intercooler and CM5-LT + other meth components on black friday. If it gets cold enough maybe i'll see some sub-zero intake temps :happyanim:. Speaking of, I would think it would be ok but anyone have any experience with watermeth in freezing temps. A 50/50 mix should have enough meth to prevent freezing right?