GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DasAuto1295's Godspeed (eBay) downpipe review

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Where the downpipe connects to the catback, is there a 2.5" taper?

So in other words, does the piping go from 3" to 2.5" to 3"?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Where the downpipe connects to the catback, is there a 2.5" taper?

So in other words, does the piping go from 3" to 2.5" to 3"?

Yes it does, I recently cut off the 3 to 2.5 reducer in-order to create a full 3" turbo back with my SPM Catback

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Isn't there some kind of reason to justify paying $500+ for a brand name downpipe? Superior build quality? Extensive R+D? High grade materials? it just seems strange to me I guess

tman1

Ready to race!
Isn't there some kind of reason to justify paying $500+ for a brand name downpipe? Superior build quality? Extensive R+D? High grade materials? it just seems strange to me I guess

Materials to some extent, but biggest is build quality. You don't want it to leak or eventually break at the welds.

It's easier buying a cheap eBay catback than a downpipe.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Materials to some extent, but biggest is build quality. You don't want it to leak or eventually break at the welds.

It's easier buying a cheap eBay catback than a downpipe.

What I was thinking exactly. I guess I'd rather not cut corners and when I buy my downpipe, a couple hundred dollars extra will be worth the peace of mind :thumbup:

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I just pulled the trigger on this DP. It should be on in 2 weeks.

So excited.

Sweet! Post the results!

What I was thinking exactly. I guess I'd rather not cut corners and when I buy my downpipe, a couple hundred dollars extra will be worth the peace of mind :thumbup:

Whatever floats your boat, but this is just a metal pipe we're talking about here. And at $170, if it breaks maybe 10-20k down the road, getting another one does not seem like a big deal..

Sent from the porcelain throne

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Problem is there's really no way to discredit the DP for its price. I've seen brand names cracked at the welds or with the worst fitment ever possible, but I have never heard one thing bad about the gsp... There are guys on golfmkv that have been running them for over 60k easy and they still look the same since day one except for discoloration...

I don't know, but something's just speak for themselves

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if they have these DPs with a high flow cat? I have yet to find one. I don't want any smells from my car and the cell should quiet it down a bit. I really would like to keep the car sounding stock and don't want any drone what so ever when I drive.

If someone has welded in a high flow cat into one of these what did it cost you and are you experience any drone at all? Might have to get a resonator welded in and at that point I can just buy a DP with a cat resonator for the same price as building this.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Problem is there's really no way to discredit the DP for its price. I've seen brand names cracked at the welds or with the worst fitment ever possible, but I have never heard one thing bad about the gsp... There are guys on golfmkv that have been running them for over 60k easy and they still look the same since day one except for discoloration...

I agree with him. I have yet to see anything bad about the Godspeed dp's, yet I have seen horror stories about more "brand name" pipes like Ultimate Racing.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if they have these DPs with a high flow cat? I have yet to find one. I don't want any smells from my car and the cell should quiet it down a bit. I really would like to keep the car sounding stock and don't want any drone what so ever when I drive.

If someone has welded in a high flow cat into one of these what did it cost you and are you experience any drone at all? Might have to get a resonator welded in and at that point I can just buy a DP with a cat resonator for the same price as building this.

Based on what you want, I would say this dp isn't for you, even with welded in resonators and high flow cats. I'd say you need to look into another dp which unfortunately costs more. Maybe APR's, but I'm not sure how quiet those are with a stock catback. Plac has reviews of a 400 cell Ultimate Racing but it broke at a weld iirc.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Based on what you want, I would say this dp isn't for you, even with welded in resonators and high flow cats. I'd say you need to look into another dp which unfortunately costs more. Maybe APR's, but I'm not sure how quiet those are with a stock catback. Plac has reviews of a 400 cell Ultimate Racing but it broke at a weld iirc.

After the UR weld problems I won't be going with them.

I am not sure on the resonator, I am hoping that with a high flow cat and stock cat-back I will be find drone wise. If so I just need a DP with high flow cat and welding one into this system would still probably be cheaper then buying one with a cat in it already.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion

Yeah the more I'm hearing about this, the more sense it makes. For 170$ sounds like some day it might be worth taking the leap of faith. They must be doing something right, 60-70k is no joke