GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible rear diff option

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Hey all,

I'm not sure if cross forum posts are allowed here (mods, please delete if I'm violating any sort of rules) but some new developments seem to be underway in the area of a rear diff option for our cars. I'm not the person behind it, and have no additional details to offer (don't shoot the messenger), but a company seems to have developed a rear diff for our platform and is looking to find 50 interested people to start a run of diffs.

Not much detail at the moment, but it seems like this option must involve a replacement for the stock rear ring gear and diff (which are welded together on our cars).

Details are here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=7257946

It seems early on at this point, but I'd sure love to have a rear helical diff (as I'm sure others would) and I'd like to spread the word.

-Matt

radplaid

I am in Long Beach, short drive to SD, I am definitely interested and want to hear more. And obviously curious about the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I'd recommend posting in that thread there I'd you're interested.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
There is some pricing info in the other thread, and someone from Mfactory to answer questions now. It looks like 30 is the minimum run, and the price is a bit higher if they can't find 50.

--Matt