GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

D_Evl_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a really random question my front bumper is fucked up with paint chips and holes from my license plate...was wondering if anyone can tell me a nice body shop that paints that would do my front bumper and my honey comb bottom grills of course not too expensive and in the LA area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Not true, you can get Denso double platinum for $5 at Autozone. Iridium is 2 or 3 times that.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Not true, you can get Denso double platinum for $5 at Autozone. Iridium is 2 or 3 times that.

I would only buy NGK for a modded car

SirClimax

Ready to race!
This is the best read up.

Iridium is cheaper needs to be changed more often though due to the fuel corroding iridium
Platinum last longer but cost more.

I went with iridium because I plan on replacing them early anyways so the added life and increased cost weren't for me

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

red_stapler

Ready to race!
I don't see how fuel is corroding iridium, it's literally the most corrosion resistant metal on the periodic table.

zrickety

The Fixer
I like NGK but Denso has been good to me, no issues stage 1 or K04. Just saying, you have options. I wouldn't buy Autolite or whatever the cheapest plugs are.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Not the irdium part per say.

HS tuning on Platinum vs Iridium

"The primary difference is the price. The iridium plugs are cheaper than their platinum counterparts, and not without reason. Each spark plug has two electrodes, a firing electrode and a ground electrode. In the iridium plugs, the firing electrode is iridium plated, while the ground electrode is still bare copper. NGK’s double platinum plugs are platinum plated on both electrodes. What this means is the iridium plugs, while longer lasting than the bare copper, also suffer from a reduced lifespan when used in a direct injection application. Only the platinum plugs can offer reliable long life service in FSI and TSI engines."

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Why would my p3cars gauge be beeping?

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
What's the best way to go about getting HID lights without getting new headlights? Love the look of white lights at night and was hoping there is a cheaper way than buying brand new headlights. Is there a kit/bulbs that I can install without worrying about codes or using a resistor?

SirClimax

Ready to race!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
yours is plugged into the OBD2 plug right? check the seating on that

Ah ya, didn't really think of that...I just ended up pulling over into a parking lot, turned the engine off for a few seconds and cranked it back over and the beeping was gone. I think my car's mad at me.