GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prototype mk6 gti/gli fog lights

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Hey guys! So I'm working with theretrofitsource to come up with an aftermarket fog light option and I'd like to gauge your interest!

I'll be receiving the prototype fogs next week to ensure that they fit correctly as well as test light output and take some nice shots of them. The prototype in the picture is 3d printed and the final piece will be injected.

The awesome part is that they use morimotos universal xb led system so you won't need to worry about weird obscure LEDs that you'll never be able to find later on when they need replacement.

As for pricing they'll be in the $150-200 dollar range. I'll be working with them to offer a discount code or maybe a group buy if enough people are interested!

So what do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
will need to see a mockup on the car, wonder how it will look like, remind me of the mk5s

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
In for installed pics. Love the shape of the MK6 dogs just sucks there is no projector lens. These look cool but I think they will bring the MK6 backwards to the MKV era.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
So funny to see this, i just messaged them about a week ago to see if they were going to be making those! i had seen they are making one for a jetta or similar already...

i totally love them but am honestly more a fan of having the bigger glass instead of the 'grille look' surrounding trimpiece. but they do look totally kickass... def. in for pics, and if nothing else i wonder how they would look behind this grill which is totally in my plans.. if fog isn't obscured by one of the fins..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fog-Light-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

on another note, i had also asked them if they were planning to supply the osram headlight housings, since they are offering them for other models. they said no, but if you are more involved with them, wanna see if they can pull those into the mix? haha

kudos

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
I think you should eliminate the honeycomb section and leave it open or allow people to connect a brake cooling duct.
I'll see how they're assembled when I get them but that's an awesome idea!! I planned on filling mine and painting it gloss black to keep the theme on my front end anyway

riceburner

Autocross Champion
after looking at some MK5 pics however the design does look pretty slick... idk must see them on! excited for this.

so would these come yellow, white, option? or just white with option for yellow lamin-x film? thought they used to have options but browsing through seems like its either white LED or with lamin-x film.

i want yellow fogs but like how currently i can do yellow bulbs but have dark fogs, makes the front end look consistent...

IMG_20180120_124821 (Custom).jpg

Last edited:

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
after looking at some MK5 pics however the design does look pretty slick... idk must see them on! excited for this.

so would these come yellow, white, option? or just white with option for yellow lamin-x film? thought they used to have options but browsing through seems like its either white LED or with lamin-x film.

i want yellow fogs but like how currently i can do yellow bulbs but have dark fogs, makes the front end look consistent...

View attachment 57032
The LEDs themselves are emit yellow light so you don't need to add the film actually

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I wonder what'd it look like with no fog lights, and then holes in the honeycomb to match the center insert.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
They're in!!

Initial impressions:
Extremely high quality both the 3d printed part and the morimoto led!

They're a bit shallower than the oem fogs so if you're running a wider wheel/tire setup you wont need to worry about snapping bulbs off while turning (yes this happened to me)

They're also much lighter than oem (weight reduction bro lol)

I'll have them mounted this weekend to check fitment and see how bright/accurate the LED's are!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Nice! Surprised they are painted and not actually made of black plastic? or is that just a prototype thing lol

real excited to see what these really look like!

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Nice! Surprised they are painted and not actually made of black plastic? or is that just a prototype thing lol

real excited to see what these really look like!
Yup white plastic they painted black. The fit and finish is really good and the mounting looks right so we shall see how they fit this weekend. Once I get some good pics of them then I can customize em [emoji48]