GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Meat/Stance Ratio for an 8 inch Wheel?

Vaalbara

Currently running Konig Hypergrams which are 17x8, and 235/45/17 tires, and while I love the way the extra tread looks from behind and performance, my sidewalls are a little too THICC.

I'm about to pick up a new set of rubber before IA, and I was wondering if you guys could shed some insight on what the best size option is to maintain solid contact on the road without having a billboard sidewall.

Also, if anyone has reference for a 215/40 on a 8 inch wheel, hit ya feggin boi up with some pics cause so far that's the size I think might work the best. I just don't wanna stretch TOO hard. Pic of acre of sidewall for reference

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
The 235/45/17 looks great on a 17x8....Maybe a 235/40 would look fine with a shorter tire, but still the same width

I never liked the way a 215/40 looked on in 8in wheel, it looked off to me, that mild stretch look always looked off...

zef

Drag Racing Champion
215/40/17 is literally 30mm shorter than a 225/40/18. It would look comical. On the contrary, 245/40 would fit well on a 8" wheel, has about a 12mm shorter sidewall, and would still be plenty (if not more) functional