GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator delete on an aftermarket exhaust

kelbywest

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking to make my GTI a decent amount louder (not obnoxious) and I was curious if anyone has done a resonator delete on an aftermarket catback? I currently have a EuroJet TBE. The sound is good all around, but I want something a little beefier without having to spend hundreds on another DP or catback. Any suggestions? I know resonator deletes have been the "talk of the town" recently. Any cons to doing this as well?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
If it has mufflers try deleting them, the resonators help more with the drone

I'm catless with just resonator delete and it's pretty damn loud with a pretty good sound to it. I just have muffler suitcase on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
I have the first generation EuroJet TBE catted but I kept the resonator on and remove the rear muffler and installed a SPM track section tailpipe. Sound awesome

kelbywest

Passed Driver's Ed
If it has mufflers try deleting them, the resonators help more with the drone

I'm catless with just resonator delete and it's pretty damn loud with a pretty good sound to it. I just have muffler suitcase on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I think I'll keep the resonator and go with the muffler instead. I already emailed my nearest shop. Thanks :)

kelbywest

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the first generation EuroJet TBE catted but I kept the resonator on and remove the rear muffler and installed a SPM track section tailpipe. Sound awesome

Is there only one muffler that needs removed? (I'm not very exhaust system savvy). I think I'm going to go with the muffler delete. I don't know which generation I have, I just know I bought it last May.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Is there only one muffler that needs removed? (I'm not very exhaust system savvy). I think I'm going to go with the muffler delete. I don't know which generation I have, I just know I bought it last May.

Yes one muffler remove

intellistar

Ready to race!
I did a comparison video awhile back with my Billy Boat exhaust:

I am eventually planning on doing the reverse of deleting the mufflers and keeping the resonator, but it's going to be some time as I am currently saving up for other parts.

kelbywest

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a comparison video awhile back with my Billy Boat exhaust:

I am eventually planning on doing the reverse of deleting the mufflers and keeping the resonator, but it's going to be some time as I am currently saving up for other parts.

Wow, thanks for the video! That was quite a difference between the two. Both sounded great but the deleted resonator sounded better IMO. Did you experience any drone increase or anything when deleting it? I have an appointment Monday for it.

Since you're going for the muffler delete, would you recommend doing the muffler delete over the resonator all together? The guy at the exhaust shop said a resonator delete should make it around 10-20% louder, but a muffler delete would be more work + increase the drone a good amount.