GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RLS Coding Notes

kennega

Ready to race!
So after getting the Auto switch and rain light sensor installed via the retrofit guide, the last piece was that the Auto function was not working for headlights. Basically with the switch in the Auto position, the headlights were on 24/7. I verified that the OFF/ON signals were being passed properly from the RLS to the CECM during day/night time, so the final piece had to be a coding issue. So here's the things you'll need to make sure are done.

- RLS Installed

- ADL Active

- AFL/ADL Delay set to 0
(the howto references setting this to 0, but if you don't complete the previous step of ADL Active, block 30 in Adaptation will not be visible)

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
So after getting the Auto switch and rain light sensor installed via the retrofit guide, the last piece was that the Auto function was not working for headlights. Basically with the switch in the Auto position, the headlights were on 24/7. I verified that the OFF/ON signals were being passed properly from the RLS to the CECM during day/night time, so the final piece had to be a coding issue. So here's the things you'll need to make sure are done.

- RLS Installed

- ADL Active

- AFL/ADL Delay set to 0
(the howto references setting this to 0, but if you don't complete the previous step of ADL Active, block 30 in Adaptation will not be visible)

I am planning to do RLS install later this year. Thanks much for this post, OP! :thumbsup: