GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS coding for LED tails

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Grabbed some OEM LED tails with fogs last week. Quality, fitment, and installation were all great.

Obviously I got a bulb error. I looked quickly through the threads and found a common coding trend...and gave it to my guy who has VCDS, but, not an expert.

This eliminated the error on the dash, but.....I now have no DRL's and the rear fog is permanently on when the lights are on, with or without front fog on. Front fogs work with no issue.

Also, the drivers side DRL comes on when the lights are on, but, not the passenger side(rear fog is drivers side as well) lol.

I've now come to realize that the types of lights your car is equipped with originally plays a big part in how you code(HID v. Halogen) and even build year etc.....rookie!! lol.

So....I have halogens and fog lights as original equipment.

You guys are all in the same boat more or less with original hardware. Have any of you gone to LED tails with rear fog and care to impart some wisdom?

At this point I don't care if I go back to the original coding and have the bulb out error. The rear fog permanently on looks horrible. I also don't really want to go to the trouble of installing a euro switch for something i'll never use.

Is there an easy way to code this so that I don't have bulb out error and don't have the rear fog engaged at all?

Cheers!

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Not too sure but I have halogen set up and when I coded my LED tails I changed to 1F i believe. Maybe this will help..

Xenons Headlights without Rear Fog
1F, 20, 55

Cars with LED DRLs - 21

Xenons Headlights with Rear Fog

Cars with LED DRLs - 04 (Golf R, 2012 GTIs, etc)

Halogen Headlights without Rear Fogs
1F

Halogen Headlights with Rear Fogs
22, 15

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I changed byte 18 to 04, which was my downfall. I'll see what happens with the halogen coding.

Cheers sir!