GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

mjb8482

Yeah it’s on air. Couldn’t possibly drive it that way, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bags are airlift super slam and accuair e-level management. Wheels are rotiform NUE DDT 18x8.5 et 45. Fenders rolled and pulled all around. Also has Passat lower control arms.

mjb8482

Very Interesting car, even if you're selling your car can you make a Profile and document your car for prosperity.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116349

What Turbo are you using etc. ???

Ill have to figure out how to do the profile thing. Not on here as much as I used to be. It is a precision pte5431e. Uses C2 manifold but everything else was me. The C2 kit wouldn’t work with the car on bags so figured out how to do a air-water intercooler.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Ill have to figure out how to do the profile thing. Not on here as much as I used to be. It is a precision pte5431e. Uses C2 manifold but everything else was me. The C2 kit wouldn’t work with the car on bags so figured out how to do a air-water intercooler.

I saw you posted your build on Vortex, not on this forum.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Appreciated the 2.5 so much more today, after removing the Intake Manifold from the Tiquan 2.0 TSI engine today. It took me a few hours to get the IM off.

It's more straight forward to drop the engine out of a Porsche 911 than taking off the Intake manifold on the 2.0 TSI, so much crap and VW connectors in a tiny space, the only good thing was no seized bolts as everything is torqued low.

If I'm in the mood, I'll try taking off the Turbo tomorrow. Using these great instructions.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30086

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Getting ready to go south, not doing anything major until we get back.

Replaced the battery in the 2nd Key FOB
https://youtu.be/uRO6OaEuhFA

Tightened the clamps on our new custom intake, after a forum member PMing me, he had a noise at the front of his car, they found the APR intake loose.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

In February, I posted that I saw a MK6 GTI with with Center Exhaust and difuser tunnels on both sides in Daytona in January. I think this eBay item is it.

https://www.ebay.com/p/10-14-VOLKSW...itm=292595879328&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

We run the original VW "Stomach" mid-muffler which is a big expansion chamber (not a perforated pipe) so any helmhotz tuning with the engine/exhaust manifold is terminated at this point, so changes to the length of the exhaust piping at the back should not affect the engine very much. We should be able to shorten the rear exhaust piping to fit the center exhaust setup. I'm surprised that the GTI guys have not picked up on this as there is no much helmholtz effect on the exhaust with turbo charging. Example: Focus RS, Civic Turbo, Veloster Turbo are all center exhaust with shorter piping. VW won't do this as they want to sell more Golf Rs.

As well, if we remove the rear suitcase muffler, it unblocks the area to the left and right of the spare tire compartment bulge. With the center muffler we can extend the difuser by adding a molding around and forward towards the suspension arm area.

In realitry, on road cars Difusers are mostly for looks you won't get more down force but by extending the difuser effect forward you clean up/control the dirty air under the car and can (if done properly) reduce high speed lift at the rear of the car and look cool :thumbup: as well. My Son approves!

BTW Those Rear Vents look cool and are functional, NOT like the Huge ones on the Civic Type R.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
That is sweet. Pricey but I have always liked the center exhaust. I bought a sportster to cruise around the beach this summer so I have been focusing my attention there.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
MLue1 not sure if you saw it but back when you were asking about it i posted something like that asking you if thats what you ment. i believe thats a knock off Revozport Razor rear bumper and center exhaust valence. Id love to get one and some of their other body parts for it. Just pricy.

Ill post the link for them.
http://revozport.com/golf-razor/r-bumper.html

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Got a tiny bit of free time to do an oil change and upgrade two little things.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yep. I wanted a scooter to drive around at the beach.

This thing is not going to get the love the vw got though.
Yo, wat no boosted long board. :lol:

Scooter,.... I have a electric carbon fibre Swaggertron scooter for getting around the neighborhood at 25km/h (15mph).

EDIT: I'm guessing my lil ol electric doesnt do it for you eh ! :cool:

Last edited:

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Yep. I wanted a scooter to drive around at the beach.

This thing is not going to get the love the vw got though.

I feel ya bro. I think next year since ill be making more money im gona get a ducati monster. Nothing pricy just a slightly used one probably smaller engine. Always wanted a bike but it was never in the budget.
Best thing is if i get it in the spring next year ill be able to do some stuff on the golf that I’ve been wanting to do that would take several days and then my engine build.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
MLue1 not sure if you saw it but back when you were asking about it i posted something like that asking you if thats what you ment. i believe thats a knock off Revozport Razor rear bumper and center exhaust valence. Id love to get one and some of their other body parts for it. Just pricy.

Ill post the link for them.
http://revozport.com/golf-razor/r-bumper.html
I took a look back and yes you posted about the Razor, sorry I missed your earlier post, it looks the same. With lots going on right now, if I was up to it I would make a carbon filbre one by molding my valance and cutting the holes. It doesn't have to be perfect or Cafe Racer braggable, just fun project.

Last edited:

Dartregor

Ready to race!
I agree wana get my rear bumper fixed at some point as the previous owner used it as a shelf and put super deep gouges in it. Like 1/8” deep. Bugs the hell outa me as thats the only major imperfection on the outside of the car besides a rock chip thats starting to rust on my left rear quarter panel.