GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0 TSI Injector Failure... How Common?

firsttimebuyer

Ready to race!
I used Seafoam on my previous oil change to hopefully get rid of/ prevent some carbon buildup. Ran like shit for a few minutes while it smoked it all out, havent had any issues in the last 7500 miles, so I doubt I will.

I also did mine through an extra port on my boost tap rather than removing a sensor on the intake

Alright thanks, I think i will give it a go through the intake and run some kind of cleaner through my fuel tank. I dont want injector issues down the road.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Reviving an old thread..but i've had this happen to me, the AA - emergency breakdown came and did his checks, put a scope down and saw a fragment or some sort down cylinder 2 on the piston?

Of course this is limited what he could do with scope and reckons injector stayed open and a valve broke and stuck in piston.

My tuner reckons if it is what the breakdown guy had said, then the engines toast and require a replacement...

Now i've gone and ordered a new engine (non-refundable once purchased) from VW and it is being fitted next monday. But reading the previous post...was it worth me spending £6100 on new engine or should i have had the injectors replaced and oil changed?

Was it worth spending out for new engine or should i have went for another car?

Laimface

Ready to race!
Reviving an old thread..but i've had this happen to me, the AA - emergency breakdown came and did his checks, put a scope down and saw a fragment or some sort down cylinder 2 on the piston?

Of course this is limited what he could do with scope and reckons injector stayed open and a valve broke and stuck in piston.

My tuner reckons if it is what the breakdown guy had said, then the engines toast and require a replacement...

Now i've gone and ordered a new engine (non-refundable once purchased) from VW and it is being fitted next monday. But reading the previous post...was it worth me spending £6100 on new engine or should i have had the injectors replaced and oil changed?

Was it worth spending out for new engine or should i have went for another car?

In all honesty i'd have chopped the car in and put the money towards a mk7 R deposit

tofuD01

Ready to race!
In all honesty i'd have chopped the car in and put the money towards a mk7 R deposit

To be honest, i did contemplate getting a used fk2 civic type r but that involves more money..need to be saving up for deposit for a house..

New engine and keeping it until it next dies and save more monies is what my parents are saying i should be doing.

It would be a hard sale now with the mods and new engine to be declared?