GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Difference between stage 1 & 2 carbonio intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoretickets

Ready to race!
So i just picked up my 2013 wolfsburg CGS GTI and I've had it for 500 miles.

I've been making use of the search function on this forum quite often, its awesome.

My first mod was the forge amplifier... atmospheric blow off valve.

Next i want to install a carbonio intake, from what i have read there is very little hp increase from the intake alone... How come? Is it at least 5 whp, why do you guys say it does nothing? Is it become its very little compared to the apr stage 1 re flash? and the 400 bux could go towards something better...

regardless I'm going to buy it for the sound alone and later on ill do the re-flash.

Now, whats the diff between stage one and stage 2 carb intake? I see its a pipe worth about $100. later down the line, im planning on doing a stage 2 ref-flash. will it make a big diff if i don't have the stage 2 carb piece?

Also, im looking for springs to drop my car about half an inch. Only found 1 inch and greater drops, could someone point me to the right direction...

Regards

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
No offense but you didn't do any research.

This has been talked about a lot on this forum alone. An intake will do nothing for you. It's such a small difference you will never feel it.

The stage 2 pipe will only help if you are k04 or higher (this was told to me directly from APR), even then I think people question whether it will help. If you are staying at stage 2 then its just cosmetics.

Springs - go look in the suspension section there is enough info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.