GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New,Completely different Full LED/Bi-Xenon Mk6 Headlights - AutoPartsEurope

lacesoutvic

Passed Driver's Ed
So, I already have a problem with these. They flicker when they turn on. Kinda looks like they aren't getting the correct amount of power, and then the driver side will flicker on and off and then shut off. And won't come back on until I completely turn off my headlights and turn them back on. They were working fine for a couple days, but they started doing this last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flicker is normal with LEDs when starting the car. it's a bulb check, it happens with my deautokey reverse LEDs and LED taillights. i haven't installed mine headlights yet though.

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
These do not flicker when starting the car. They're likely only flickering because he did not attach the wires to the battery.

derrich96

Correct, so you do what I did and snip an opening so that you can slide them on.

I thought about doing that in the first place, but then thought that if that's how they should be, why wouldn't osram have done that from the factory? But, I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks for the help!

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
I thought about doing that in the first place, but then thought that if that's how they should be, why wouldn't osram have done that from the factory? But, I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks for the help!

I thought the same, and the funny thing is, in their install video it has open connectors so that they slip onto the battery terminal. Perhaps an odd oversight on Osram's part but it's easily fixed.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So, the flickering was because the red wires were not connected to the battery per the instructional video?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
So, the flickering was because the red wires were not connected to the battery per the instructional video?

There should be zero flickering. It was most likely caused because of not being connected to battery as it was intended to be.

derrich96

There should be zero flickering. It was most likely caused because of not being connected to battery as it was intended to be.

They were connected to a power source, just not directly to the battery. I had them connected to positive connection on the front of the fuse box. Like I previously stated, my wires were closed circles and there wasn't a way to connect them to the battery like in the video, so I improvised, without modifying the headlight cables. I have since cute the connectors and hooked them up exactly like the video shows, but they still are not working correctly.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Are others working properly? I was gonna order a pair but the flickering reports are scaring me a little.

One person is having a "issue" could be because of a few reasons... installer error product defect which is unlikely but still possible.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
They were connected to a power source, just not directly to the battery. I had them connected to positive connection on the front of the fuse box. Like I previously stated, my wires were closed circles and there wasn't a way to connect them to the battery like in the video, so I improvised, without modifying the headlight cables. I have since cute the connectors and hooked them up exactly like the video shows, but they still are not working correctly.

If your still having issues then please contact Auto Parts Europe/Marco. Is your issue still them shutting off?