GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing Myself!

davserbic

Ready to race!
GTI steering wheel installed! Definitely an upgrade over the standard 2.5L wheel. Looking to get a blank lower trim piece that doesn't say "GTI" but having a hard time finding one. Pics below!

Hands down one of my favorite mods. I had a base 2.5L steering wheel with no multi-function buttons nor leather. After finding a Scirocco R wheel (grey stitching instead of Golf R's white stitching) for a steal I couldn't pass it up.

Put it in, wired it up and COMPLETELY CHANGED the feeling of the cabin. Mod alone motivated me enough to do a leather interior swap.

TallSkinnyMatt

oh wow what did you get the golf for? Im seeing GTIs go for like 8-10k in my area.(like an equivalent to my 2011... 2014s are going closer to 13/15k.

Back when I bought it in April of last year, the cheapest GTI with 60k miles I found in my area was around 12k in just eh condition. So I did get my golf for a steal ;)

True. Not everyone needs a GTI nor will it fit everyone's needs.

My 2.5L is my daily and gives me so much joy and fun each and every time I sit in to drive it. I turn more heads in it than your average GTI on the road, at least in my area. Sure I'll lose in a street race against most VW's if I try, 100%, but amongst enthusiasts and adults it gets the same love. It's zippy enough on the highway that you can pass and play with ease and lack of turbo makes it fairly reliable and easy on gas. Really, its what YOU want out of it. Great car to learn VW's on with half the risks.

Overall, a solid win for half the value of a GTI.

Couldn't agree with you more :thumbsup:

Hands down one of my favorite mods. I had a base 2.5L steering wheel with no multi-function buttons nor leather. After finding a Scirocco R wheel (grey stitching instead of Golf R's white stitching) for a steal I couldn't pass it up.

Put it in, wired it up and COMPLETELY CHANGED the feeling of the cabin. Mod alone motivated me enough to do a leather interior swap.

Your 2.5L is :drool::drool: Love the new steering wheel, so I can see how a full leather interior is tempting!

That V8 M3 oh my [emoji106]

Appreciate it! Shameless plug of the new wheel setup and some carbon goodies below :thumbup: Have been considering to upgrade to something newer, but can't get over the feeling and sound of the V8!

Last edited:

TallSkinnyMatt

Great looking BMW, I like the wheels from your first post better though, never been a fan of black wheels. Are they the same wheels, just refinished?

Thanks! Same wheels, but two different sets. BMW offered them in Silver (ZCP) and black (GTS). So they are both OEM finishes. If I ever get bored, I can just switch back to silver :thumbsup:

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i much preferred the straight 6 in the e36 m3. over a v8 m3.

TallSkinnyMatt

i much preferred the straight 6 in the e36 m3. over a v8 m3.

I didn't really like the inline 6 from the US spec E36 M3's... it was very underpowered. The Euro E36 M3 was another story with over 300hp! E46 M3 is still one of my favorite inline 6's so far since it's so raw, but I am heavily biased to the V8 :bellyroll:

Thanks man! Haha glad someone likes it!

Would definitely turn my head if I saw it on the road :thumbsup:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
GTI steering wheel installed! Definitely an upgrade over the standard 2.5L wheel. Looking to get a blank lower trim piece that doesn't say "GTI" but having a hard time finding one. Pics below!

You can just pop that "GTI" insert out (snaps in/out), and then you'll just see two little indentations on that trim (that were holding it there)