GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

turbo muffler deletes and tubo inlet pipes

ApexScooby

can someone explain to me what these 2 things do and what benefit you get from using aftermarket ones vs OEM ones? I'm still a noob in the watercooled game with VW. I came from a aircooled beetle so all this stuff is new to me.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Deletes are just noise, kinda a waste. Turbo outlet pipe and throttle body pipe open up some flow restrictions from turbo to intercooler to throttle body. Will see some benefit in spool rpm, maybe 200rpm and some better airflow when tuned

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Turbo muffler delete just gets rid of a piece on the compressor outlet portion of the turbo. Mine just came in today so I cant speak the the performance gains. I don't expect any though, I only bought it so my outlet pipe would fit better. Also may make it louder too. By turbo inlet pipe i'm assuming you are referring to the intake. The "stage 1" portion is the stock airbox and anything before the MAF. That is the restrictive part. The "stage 2" part is what actually goes into the turbo and while you dont have to replace it, i'm a fan of a metal pipe vs plastic, and it just looks better. Hope this helps.

ApexScooby

Thank you for the help I meant the turbo outlet pipe but I said inlet because I'm retarded. so it looks like there really is no point to upgrade either since its mostly for noise and maybe a better air flow

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for the help I meant the turbo outlet pipe but I said inlet because I'm retarded. so it looks like there really is no point to upgrade either since its mostly for noise and maybe a better air flow
Stage 1 and stage 2, you will be fine. Turbo changes you should upgrade

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

I was stock tune when I did the outlet aka “charge” pipe and noticed a difference. Power came in slightly earlier in the rpms. Since a turbo is an air pump the more airflow you can achieve the better its efficiency/performance. It’s a cheaper mod that shows some gains than just noise. The factory is a pancake pipe and restricts flow. Even stage 1 or two is beneficial to do this. And like was stated even more important when upgrading the turbo. It is more than just for noise like in some other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk