GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSB Fender Replacement

DOMlNO81

I was pretty distressed when I saw this pretty nasty bubbling and eventually it peeled over the edge of the fender. Took it to VW AND IT WAS ACKOWLEDGED IMMEDIATELY as part of the tsb. Fenders ordered, painted off the car and will be installed in the next week or so. I’m gettin’ new fenders!!

Attachments

• F1B852FE-DA41-4B91-BFBB-D0B53D6C9AF3.jpeg
    F1B852FE-DA41-4B91-BFBB-D0B53D6C9AF3.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 365
  • AF16A2F7-73EA-4482-886C-584B7B8F2F00.jpeg
    AF16A2F7-73EA-4482-886C-584B7B8F2F00.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 343

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
NICE!!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Are these TSB’s I hear so much about just a North American thing? I’ve recently noticed minor/not yet visible bubbling on the fender/wing lip (the bit that returns back in toward the wheel)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
I was pretty distressed when I saw this pretty nasty bubbling and eventually it peeled over the edge of the fender. Took it to VW AND IT WAS ACKOWLEDGED IMMEDIATELY as part of the tsb. Fenders ordered, painted off the car and will be installed in the next week or so. I’m gettin’ new fenders!!

wait... theres a tsb for this? i just bought a gti and has this on both fenders....

FlavMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine has this too. On fenders and by the door handle and inside the door trim. O and the back wheel arch....... what should I do?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
call your dealer and theyll run your vin for TSBs Mine has the same but doesnt have this TSB

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Ok thanks. So just call the local WV dealer?

yeah man it never matters where you bought it you can take it to any dealership for service or recalls

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
the dealer i called to ask about this said only the mexican made 12s were added to this TSB but theyve made up lies about stuff like that before and I thought all mk6 GTIs were made in Germany. Were any GTIs made in mexico in 2012?