GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leasing? What are you paying...

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
Honestly, seems like you all got fucked... You guys are seriously paying $450 a month for a Sunroof package? Maybe I'm just spoiled because I take care of my credit, but it seems like people make a lot of bad decisions just to own a car.

I financed my car and I'm paying less than some of you. That doesn't make sense at all... Sticker on my car was close to $31,000, talked them down to $27,500 with added GTI rubber mats, traded in an $800 car that I bought for $1, and my payments are $460/month for a fully loaded 2011 4dr Autobahn.

But most of us are leasing.. and I'm paying $490/mo for $0 down on the lease for a fully loaded car.. Are you financing for 72 months?

BeauG

Ready to race!
But most of us are leasing.. and I'm paying $490/mo for $0 down on the lease for a fully loaded car.. Are you financing for 72 months?

I understand that you are leasing, but after 3 years of financing you will owe less on the vehicle than you would leasing it for the 3 years and then deciding to buy it or get rid of it. I understand leasing may seem more "hassle free" since you can just dump the car at the end, but leasing should technically cost LESS than financing a vehicle, not more. I financed for 60 months, not 72.

Oh, and I don't have mileage restrictions, wear and tear charges, nor am I restricted from doing things to my car without penalty.

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
I understand that you are leasing, but after 3 years of financing you will owe less on the vehicle than you would leasing it for the 3 years and then deciding to buy it or get rid of it. I understand leasing may seem more "hassle free" since you can just dump the car at the end, but leasing should technically cost LESS than financing a vehicle, not more. I financed for 60 months, not 72.

Oh, and I don't have mileage restrictions, wear and tear charges, nor am I restricted from doing things to my car without penalty.

Did you get it with 0%? Because.. your payment sort of doesn't make any sense. $27,500 - $800 + sales tax divided by 60 is more than $460/mo.. and that is assuming you did get 0%..

BeauG

Ready to race!
Did you get it with 0%? Because.. your payment sort of doesn't make any sense. $27,500 - $800 + sales tax divided by 60 is more than $460/mo.. and that is assuming you did get 0%..

NH has no sales tax... I guess that and the fact that I didn't have to pay title fees since I purchased out of state would equate to my payment. Regardless, if leasing and financing both cost $500 a month I would still take the financing any day.

Also, $455 x 60 months = $27,300, which matches up well to my 2.49% interest on $26,700 total financed. I pay closer to $455/month, but rounded up to $460. Not sure what type of math you were using.

Last edited:

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
NH has no sales tax... I guess that and the fact that I didn't have to pay title fees since I purchased out of state would equate to my payment. Regardless, if leasing and financing both cost $500 a month I would still take the financing any day.

Also, $455 x 60 months = $27,300, which matches up well to my 2.49% interest on $26,700 total financed. I pay closer to $455/month, but rounded up to $460. Not sure what type of math you were using.

Ah.. must be the no sales tax and no fees.. don't know how you talked to 'em down that low and also got all those things..

But I was just doing basic math.. $27,500 - $800 + roughly 7% of 27500-800.

BeauG

Ready to race!
Ah.. must be the no sales tax and no fees.. don't know how you talked to 'em down that low and also got all those things..

But I was just doing basic math.. $27,500 - $800 + roughly 7% of 27500-800.

Well 3 dealers had the exact car I wanted, so I just bounced between them getting them to undercut each other until I was happy and they wouldn't go any lower. It wasn't easy but it was worth the time and effort to get the price I did.

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
Well 3 dealers had the exact car I wanted, so I just bounced between them getting them to undercut each other until I was happy and they wouldn't go any lower. It wasn't easy but it was worth the time and effort to get the price I did.

ya that really is a great price.

ms3brendan

Ready to race!

Dealer cost is $29,000 lol. They took a hit on you and only made money on the financing..

Thought I got a deal for $500 above dealer cost..

AdvanSuper

Banned
Who pays $450+ for a fucking lease on a fucking GTI?! You're all getting fucked.

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
2011 4 door DSG, Sunroof package, and Wheel & tire insurance (already paid itself off when i blew a tire and cracked a rim in a horrible pothole in LI).

$480/month, 15k/year, 36 months. Car was $100 over invoice, bought September 2010.
$0 down, taxes & Title rolled in, nothing upfront except first month payment.

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
2011 4 door DSG, Sunroof package, and Wheel & tire insurance (already paid itself off when i blew a tire and cracked a rim in a horrible pothole in LI).

$480/month, 15k/year, 36 months. Car was $100 over invoice, bought September 2010.
$0 down, taxes & Title rolled in, nothing upfront except first month payment.

This is just an insane amount of money for a GTI. $9 more dollars and you could have had my G37-S which was $42K new.

BeauG

Ready to race!
This is just an insane amount of money for a GTI. $9 more dollars and you could have had my G37-S which was $42K new.

Yeah I'm really amazed by how much some people are paying.

From VW's Purchase vs. Lease page:

"Lease - This option is typically for folks who want either lower monthly payments or to more easily get into a brand new VW every few years. In both cases, you simply choose how long you want to drive your new VW, from one to four years, then turn it in when the time's up."

http://www.vw.com/en/vw_credit/nav/purchase_vs_lease.html

Guess their salesmen didn't read that part...

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed

so your paying $494/month for a lease with $0 down ( Not even taxes) for a g37-s with a msrp of $42k? What kind of residual and money factor does the car have?

BTW I dont like the g37 IMHO, i knew its lease rates were cheap back when i was looking but i never liked the car and i needed more space.

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
so your paying $494/month for a lease with $0 down ( Not even taxes) for a g37-s with a msrp of $42k? What kind of residual and money factor does the car have?

BTW I dont like the g37 IMHO, i knew its lease rates were cheap back when i was looking but i never liked the car and i needed more space.

Yeah I think the money factor is what's fucking all the leases because the residual is expected, around 50%.. So it goes with hot entry level hatches..